Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Season Ended Today

Old 01-01-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Season Ended Today

Well Anyways,
[:'(]This year hasnt been good , didnt tag a deer one[:@] ! Seen Lots Just no shot or i missed up . I went out today and was climbin my up into my stand about 12 foot off the ground and bout 20 more feet too climb welp i hear something stompin close , look to the left nuttin well i head up a few more feet and look to my right and their she Stood , i got the shakes on the steps and thought i was gonna fall off !!!! HEHE man what a deer can do to a man's nervous system LOL But All in all its been a Great season even though no deer were put in the freezer . How dids yalls Go ??
Thanks Alot,
STICKMAN
Old 01-01-2005, 10:53 PM

Default RE: Season Ended Today

they will just be bigger for ya next year
Old 01-02-2005, 04:12 AM

It ended here in North Georgia as well. I did manage to get one deer, a young spike buck so it wasn't a waste of a tag. What makes it sad is that I didn't even get to go out on the last day. My wife and I sat up to watch the new year in and just after twelve, I got sick and spent the entire next day in bed. Oh well, there's always next year.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:18 AM

Our season ended here yesterday also, but it was a pretty good year. I didn't get to go as much as I wanted to but I did kill my biggest deer ever, an 8 pointer that measured 23" on the outside and scored 138".

Yeah I'm gonna post the picture one more time

Old 01-02-2005, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

I don't blame you for posting that pic one more time. I love the rack on that bad boy! Congrats again!
Old 01-02-2005, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had a good season. But not near as good as cloudwalkers wow what a beast. CONGRATS!!!!
Old 01-02-2005, 08:41 AM

I didn't get a shot all season, but it was a great year anyway. Got to spend some great days afield with my 26 year old son making another years worth of great memories. Now we're going to do some squirrel hunting, try to call some preditors, and plan for turkey season........Good huntung all.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:37 PM

After 10 years of deer hunting, I almost got skunked this year. Last year I got five and six the year before, but this year I seemed to have little luck. Wrong place at the wrong time, right place at the wrong time, wrong place at the right time, I was starting to feel like Dr. John, ha! I also lost about 45 pounds and you would think that would be good for deer hunting but being fat and slow is good for still hunting, move less see more deer. I am having to learn how to slow down again. I also have three little kids now and so less time and being self employed and a daycare bill it is hard to turn off the revenue loss calculator in my head when I am hunting which is another distraction. So I was a mess the last three days, one day, I worked and then went out only the last hour of daylight, I drove to a spot, went in too fast, jumped two up, didn't shoot (I don't shoot at tails). Got back to the car and realized I hadn't even loaded the gun! About 4pm on the last day of the last season got an easy broadside shot at a decent doe. Wow, talk about last minute, that was close. This will help a lot next time I start feeling guiltly some year when it is like shooting fish in a barrel. Some years it is and some years it isn't but the experience of being out there and never knowing what will happen keeps me coming back regardless. Happy new year, no more deer season here until October! It ended Friday.