Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Wheres the next "World Record" ? >

Wheres the next "World Record" ?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wheres the next "World Record" ?

Old 12-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wheres the next "World Record" ?

3 states IOWA, MINNESOTA, OR OHIO.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:24 PM

in my back yard getting big , when he has about 19-20 points and weighs about 350 , I'm gonna set up a web cam and auction a chance to shoot him from your living room. All I need to figure out os how to mount the gun and make it go off when you
"double click"
Old 12-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO @ slugman... that's a good one!
Old 12-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

Here is the future of our sport......Farm raised animals. So the next record can come from anywhere.

Old 12-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw that deer you were talkin about bob--It was on Journal of the texas trophy hunter--the deers "name" was high roller--I'm not that into that stuff--I just have a good memory. Any way I think they said that as a yearling he was like 140-150 class--and currently scored like 350 or something crazy like that. They also had his son there who they said was destined to be even bigger. that's some crazy $hit.
hb
Old 12-29-2004, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

hillbilly
This is a different buck named Goliath. It's a sad story about his life. Here is a few links if your interested.
http://realindy.com/goliath.htm
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/2967471
The last one tells of his death.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

those places should be outlawed
dam, that's sick.
Thanks Bob

hb
Old 12-29-2004, 07:41 PM

Well, i dont think you can rule out any place. but the deep south is out of it. so is texas. i dont care how many big deer they shoot in the huge contest. It's all fenced in. can't enter it in the books. Moving north, Kentucky has alot of Booner bucks come out of it. Missouri is ok. Illinois and Iowa have alot of big deer because of lots of high protein feed and shotgun only seasons. That's why Buffalo county, WI is so good. used to be shotgun only. you guys all forget about Wisconsin. We have the #2 typical and I believe we lead North America in entries in B&C and P&Y. I think in iowa, theres alot of people that are willing to pass up those little bucks. People complain in Wisconsin that they dont see big bucks but then go and whack a basket rack. not saying anything is wrong with shooting a little buck. But dont complain about the lack of large ones and that we arent as good. sure, we have alot of entries. but iowa and illinois are catching up fast because hunters there let the little guys walk. Canada is always a possiblity. Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta all have big bucks because of good food in some locations and they can grow to be old. Kansas has somegood bucks. Montana or Wyoming could have a good buck. They have some great bucks there. Again, Ohio because of shotgun only. they have some great bucks. Minnesota is great too. Our neighbor in iowa got a 196" typical. the sheds from the previous year were over 200". i just hate it when all these non resident non landowners take away my chance to hunt in iowa. landowners should always have preference over the hordes. i guess they may incrase the tags from 12,000 to something a lil higher. A family friend shot a 208" non typical on my grampas farm a mile from our house. so they're big on this side of the Miss too.

slayer
Old 12-29-2004, 09:17 PM

i dont know if texas has the protiens and genetics like we have here in the midwest
LOL

so is texas. i dont care how many big deer they shoot in the huge contest. It's all fenced in. can't enter it in the books.
Texas once held the world record. And the VAST majority of Tejas is still low fenced. Honestly I dont really give a $hit where the next world record is shot, I'm sure it would be beat the following year anyway.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Typical Buck

this wasnt meant to offend anyone. you dont have to reply like that.

Quick Reply: Wheres the next "World Record" ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.