Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Wheres the next "World Record" ? >

Wheres the next "World Record" ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wheres the next "World Record" ?

Old 12-31-2004, 05:14 PM

Default RE: Wheres the next "World Record" ?

Just a few to get you dreamin'

http://www.record-eagle.com/sports/archive/20buck.jpg
http://www.kingsoutdoorworld.com/pix/MHansen.jpg
http://www.rodharrison.com/bucks/ima.../zaftrack1.jpg
http://www.whitetail.com/mhanson.jpg
Old 12-31-2004, 07:38 PM

Anyone from Ohio here about this guy named Grassbauch. Well he killed this 13 pointer in holmes county and if they score it typical it will be a state record.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:15 PM

Brady Buck thats #1 in the world with 78 points? obviously you havent the faintest idea what you're talking about. The world record is the Missouri Monarch at 333. It's followed by the 328" buck from Ohio and 3rd and largest hunter shot is the Albia buck from iowa. the biggest Texas buck i can find is a 284 non typical shot in 1982, hunter unknown, owned by Buckhorn Mus. & Saloon, Ltd. It looks like it has alot of points. 78? i can't tell from the angle. its not a world record though. its in the top 10, but has fallen back a bit from its#5 spot when you add the Albia buck, the Beatty Buck, and possibly one large one from Illinois this year. a magnificent buck, but not a world record.

slayer
Old 01-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Spike

It's not hard to find information on the web about the Brady Buck. It was FOUND in 1892 NOT 1982 and was the record nontypical for a while. I believe it is still the Texas State Record non-typical.

Bronze Sculpture of the Brady Buck

It's on display at the Buckhorn Saloon in San Antonio:

Buckhorn Museum
Old 01-05-2005, 02:43 PM

sorry ,didn't mean 1982, meant 1892 like you said. thats the way its listed in the B&C book. hunter unknown. still is the texas record non typical.

slayer
Old 01-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

This has been enjoyable reading. I would bet that Western Canada has a couple world records walking around a few different places. They'll just never be seen by man. Unless someone gets lucky and lost one day or he wanders into farm country and someone in a pick-up spots him.

If it's a US state I pick Illinois.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:18 PM

I agree with Ontelk. Sask, Alberta and Manitoba would easily produce an animal of that caliber but like he says nobody ever sees these creatures. If we had the hunter numbers here as they are in the states alot more record deer would come out of Canada.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

I dont doubt that, Ive always loved those canadian deer, body and antlers seem to get very big up there. and unexplored teritory could easily produce a giant thats been hiding with no preassure.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:16 PM

well, i will tell ya when i get it so youll have to wait another year. na im just jokin. but my guess is also somewhere in the midwest.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:09 AM

well I guess your refering to yourself? You live in WI, not Iowa. You have just a good achance as any one else. Apply!!

slayer
[/quote]
i just hate it when all these non resident non landowners take away my chance to hunt in iowa. landowners should always have preference over the hordes.

Quick Reply: Wheres the next "World Record" ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.