HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wheres the next "World Record" ?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 07:41 PM
Deerslayer_37

Default RE: Wheres the next "World Record" ?

Well, i dont think you can rule out any place. but the deep south is out of it. so is texas. i dont care how many big deer they shoot in the huge contest. It's all fenced in. can't enter it in the books. Moving north, Kentucky has alot of Booner bucks come out of it. Missouri is ok. Illinois and Iowa have alot of big deer because of lots of high protein feed and shotgun only seasons. That's why Buffalo county, WI is so good. used to be shotgun only. you guys all forget about Wisconsin. We have the #2 typical and I believe we lead North America in entries in B&C and P&Y. I think in iowa, theres alot of people that are willing to pass up those little bucks. People complain in Wisconsin that they dont see big bucks but then go and whack a basket rack. not saying anything is wrong with shooting a little buck. But dont complain about the lack of large ones and that we arent as good. sure, we have alot of entries. but iowa and illinois are catching up fast because hunters there let the little guys walk. Canada is always a possiblity. Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta all have big bucks because of good food in some locations and they can grow to be old. Kansas has somegood bucks. Montana or Wyoming could have a good buck. They have some great bucks there. Again, Ohio because of shotgun only. they have some great bucks. Minnesota is great too. Our neighbor in iowa got a 196" typical. the sheds from the previous year were over 200". i just hate it when all these non resident non landowners take away my chance to hunt in iowa. landowners should always have preference over the hordes. i guess they may incrase the tags from 12,000 to something a lil higher. A family friend shot a 208" non typical on my grampas farm a mile from our house. so they're big on this side of the Miss too.

slayer