Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Molasses for deer

Old 10-19-2015, 09:15 PM
Spike

Thumbs up Molasses Works Great!!

For the past several Falls I have tried a few different things to lure the deer into my yard for viewing pleasure.
I use Carrots and Molasses. I mix the two together, and they go crazy for it.
The other evening I put it out, and by morning it was gone.
I was able to get some great pictures of a 6pt. and several doe.

I have also used sugar beets and molasses, and received good results.
The molasses always seems to do the trick.
I use "Grandmas Molasses", right off the super market shelf.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BIG BUCK JEFF
For the past several Falls I have tried a few different things to lure the deer into my yard for viewing pleasure.
I use Carrots and Molasses. I mix the two together, and they go crazy for it.
The other evening I put it out, and by morning it was gone.
I was able to get some great pictures of a 6pt. and several doe.

I have also used sugar beets and molasses, and received good results.
The molasses always seems to do the trick.
I use "Grandmas Molasses", right off the super market shelf.
Interested in trying this in northeast Florida. Do you refrigerate after mixing? How does it become a block like the ones at the store? I will probably try molasses with corn and apples. Would that mixture work?
Old 10-24-2015, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

My friend feeds sweet feed to his horses, cows and deer are always in the lot where he feed them.

Ingredients
Cracked Corn, Whole Recleaned Oats, Processed Grain By-Products, Cane Molasses, Forage Products, Roughage Products, Dried Active Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Plant Protein Products, Salt, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Niacin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Riboflavin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K), Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Cobalt Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Cobalt Glucoheptonate, Selenium Yeast, and Sodium Selenite.

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 10-24-2015 at 03:42 AM.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

If the deer I hunt want molasses, they can share a spot with them, right next to my biscuits!

by the way, is molasses plural?...
Hhmmmmmm
Old 10-24-2015, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
My friend feeds sweet feed to his horses, cows and deer are always in the lot where he feed them.

Ingredients
Cracked Corn, Whole Recleaned Oats, Processed Grain By-Products, Cane Molasses, Forage Products, Roughage Products, Dried Active Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Plant Protein Products, Salt, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Niacin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Riboflavin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K), Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Cobalt Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Cobalt Glucoheptonate, Selenium Yeast, and Sodium Selenite.

Al
Dang Alley,.. looks like it'd be simpler just to get em hooked on crack!