Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Disgusted with Beretta/Sako/Tikka >

Disgusted with Beretta/Sako/Tikka

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Disgusted with Beretta/Sako/Tikka

Old 12-16-2004, 01:03 PM

Default Disgusted with Beretta/Sako/Tikka

About 4 months ago I purchased a Tikka T3 Lite/Stainless .30-06. ONLY after reviewing the Gun Forums did I discover that there was a recall on the stainless steel Sako/Tikka models. I just can't believe and am thoroughly sickened by Beretta/Sako/Tikka. There is nothing to be found on any of their websites, no press releases, and I didn't even get a letter from them (and I registered the product as soon as I received it!). How do you not publicly accept responsibility for such a defect? For those of you who haven't seen this (especially who own a Tikka or Sako), here's a link to another forum with pictures.

http://www.accuratereloading.com/ubb...5&o=21&fpart=1

If you bought a Sako/Tikka model after Feb 2004, call 1(800) 503-8869 to see if your rifle is subject to recall. I called two days ago, and the lady came back on the line after I gave her my serial number and said "SIR, DO NOT FIRE YOUR RIFLE". Ridiculous.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:13 PM

Default RE: Disgusted with Beretta/Sako/Tikka

dont fire your gun????????
you should have told him "dont sell your guns" i think they owe you a new gun or your money back!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------
take note everyone...
Old 12-16-2004, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree minnesota, you think they would want to limit their liability on this defect. But they seem to want to hide it!!
Old 12-16-2004, 01:29 PM

Yeah, luckily I didn't have a "severe malfunction" during deer season or when I was sighting it in. I've read other places that they end up replacing the entire rifle, which makes sense because if it was because of a "bad batch of steel" or some treatment process, they can't very well fix it. Just sucks because now I'm going to be a little gun-shy when shooting it once I get it back.

I'm supposed to get a packet in the mail today outlining the procedure of the recall, so I'll let you guys know what ends up happening.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:39 AM

Well, I got my letter from Beretta this weekend. It says I've got to send the rifle back in to the manufacturer (at their expense), and sometime after that they will be sending me a replacement... so atleast I get a new rifle.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

the thing that get me is just about any other manufactor would have recall ads in every major hunting publication, to me not making a decent effort to notify the public is the hardest thing to swallow. how many people have to be injured or worse, you would think they would be notifying reg. owners pronto, oh well maybe there not accustomed to the U.S. legal system[:-]