Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Relations with Game Wardens, biologists, etc? >

Relations with Game Wardens, biologists, etc?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Relations with Game Wardens, biologists, etc?

Old 12-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Relations with Game Wardens, biologists, etc?

My experience with Texas Parks and Wildlife has generally been good. I think they are usually about as nice and chatty to you as you are to them. If you are obeying the law and happy to be there, they are nice and will chat with you. My parents used to be real good friends with the game wardens in the area when I was little. They would stop by occaissonally and drink coffee. At the time, we had bad poaching problems, so they were in the area frequently. Those wardens have since retired, but the new guy seems like he's a pretty good guy, too.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:39 AM

Although I respect what wardens do and the dangers that are present these days, in Pennsylvania, game wardens are more feared than respected and there is a big difference. Of course just like any other law enforcement officials, I guess it all depends on the person. I personally know five "greenies" (we call them that due to their uniform color) and I only like one of them. Two of the four that I don't like are rookies and are out to display their power of authority. One is a twenty year veteran that is just an idiot. I have another word to discribe him but this is a family site so I'll keep that comment to myself. This guy will bust you for any little thing such as not having proper ID on you even though he knows you personally. The last one that I know that I don't like is just about the same as the veteran except he's not as bad yet, he'll get worse in time.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:09 AM

There are good ones and ones that should be fired. When growing up in maine we had one female that had a thing for my older brother and when he wouldnt have any thing to do with her she went out of her way to harrass us even if we were hunting outside of her district but she was never able to find any violations of the law. While I was in the army I was stationed at Fort Stewart Georgia and I volunteered as the enlisted representative of the post fish and game council. During my three years on the council I was also the post hunter safety instructor and had many good interactions with the USFWS GW's along with the biologists who worked there. Now that i am back in north georgia I will again get involved with the state of georgia FWS. Volunteering opens many more doors to good hunting and fishing chances.

Rob
Old 12-10-2004, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

I never met one, but i would respect him. Hell he dont know you, but he knows you have a weapon. So obviously he is going to use caution.

Jim
Old 12-12-2004, 10:26 PM

ORIGINAL: UncleBub Conservation officers have a dangerous job and 99.9% are good guys. When approached give him the courtesy and let him disarm you so he can accuratly assess the situation. Even offer to place your firearm against a nearby the while he talks to you. This will lower his anxiety and you will probably gain a new freind! (Conservation officers have a wealth of information about the area you are hunting)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yep [8D]yep uh-huh yo
Old 12-12-2004, 10:31 PM

ORIGINAL: jake1970

There are good ones and ones that should be fired. When growing up in maine we had one female that had a thing for my older brother and when he wouldnt have any thing to do with her she went out of her way to harrass us even if we were hunting outside of her district but she was never able to find any violations of the law.

Rob
-------------------------------------------------------------

ME same thing only a highway patrolWOMAN , i drive feed truck and she stopped me everytime she saw me but i never got a ticket, just late for my rounds so i would have to work later,
Old 12-15-2004, 09:34 AM

It's all the individual.I hunt legal ,drive legal and don't whine much.But a snotty police officer could get me in trouble or me him or her.In later yrs I have noticed a change,they wanna write you a ticket,they want the money or the collar. In my later years I see hunting and driving and fishing as rights not privelidges!!! And from some of the legislation I see,no hunters or outdoorsmen or biologists carved them out.Poaching is rampant,commercial fishing is not regulated and state hunting and fishing areas are not getting the resourses that we pay for.Soon the federal lands will be off limits to us and we bought them.Young folks,WAKE UP!
Old 12-15-2004, 10:47 AM

My experience with the Texas Parks & Wildlife biologist for this county has been excellent. Not only is she extremely knowledgeable about habitat and animals, she also is very easy to work with and actually wants to help land owners.

My experience with game wardens has been mixed. Allthough all were professional, some were friendlier than others. No bad experiences, just some were easier to talk to than others.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well i dated the game wardens daughter in high school. anyone know Mike Serio,?? his daughter Katie is beautiful, he gave me a ticket for fishing without a liscense when i was like 18, and i told him who i was and that ticket went up about 40bucks instantly!!![:@]
Old 12-15-2004, 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: mrlizzzard

In my later years I see hunting and driving and fishing as rights not privelidges!!! And from some of the legislation I see,no hunters or outdoorsmen or biologists carved them out.Poaching is rampant,commercial fishing is not regulated and state hunting and fishing areas are not getting the resourses that we pay for.Soon the federal lands will be off limits to us and we bought them.Young folks,WAKE UP!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you have amazing powers of observation--why is it when you go to wma ya dont see game or food for the game- our hunting liscence in minn alone should funds enough for this the land is already bought-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
absoulute power- absoulutly corrupts
-----------------------------------------------------
well spoken mrlizzard