Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Ever see this many game wardens? >

Ever see this many game wardens?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Ever see this many game wardens?

Old 11-19-2003, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ever see this many game wardens?

A freind of mine headed out squirrel hunting here in Lancaster. Before he took one step in the woods a game warden stopped him. It turns out he forgot to switch hats when he left his truck and got sighted. OK no big deal. He changes his hat and heads down the trail. 40 yards later another Warden springs from the bushes. He asks for my friends gun and tells him he can' t use it for squirrel. My friend asks why and is told because it' s a deer rifle. After explaining that it' s a 22 he is allowed to leave. 50 yards later another warden comes up and asks to see his rifle again. He obliges and is allowed to go on his way once more. You guessed it. 50 yards later yet another warden is headed his way up the trail. He sees the warden and says screw it. Heads back to his truck and leaves. I can honestly say I have never seen that many wardens in the field at one time.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:22 PM

Default RE: Ever see this many game wardens?

Maybe it was a training exercise?[]
Old 11-19-2003, 05:38 PM

I could possibly understand if there was one other warden in the same general area but to have four in the same general area forget it. I hunt on private land and have never seen one. There is a private hunting club that is beside our property and it is known by all adjoining property owners that these folks do not pay attention to the No Trespassing Signs. The real problem is that there are many high level towns people who are members of this club. Okay then do you ever think I would see a game warden on my property , of course not, not unless I made a big stink about things.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

With that many game wardens in one area, they must have been there for a reason. My guess is that they were there looking for someone and your friend wasn' t the one.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:23 PM

Ive only seen 2 in the same bush.