Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting so far

Old 12-05-2004, 03:15 PM

Default hunting so far

I was just wondering how every bodys hunting is going so far. I would like here your storys.

I' ve killed a doe that field dressed 135 pound. Oct 31 7:30am Ive let a small buck and doe walk by when I when looked to my left and had this big doe was about 25 yards but it was brushy to she was moving to my right the only shoot I had at 35 yrds I stopped her and shot her. she died 35 yrd from where I shot.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:53 PM

Default RE: hunting so far

thats ok
Old 12-06-2004, 06:07 PM

Default RE: hunting so far

I went on my dad's yearly trip to the Hill Country this year for the first time: opening morning I shot an 8 pt that weighed 107 field-dressed, then turned around and got a 80 lb (field-dressed) doe out the back window. Then that evening I shot another 8 pt, this one 92 lbs field-dressed, and two days later I got my second doe. The first buck I shot quartering away, and after the bullet broke the off shoulder, he went down like a ton of bricks. The doe ran about fifty yards before she gave it up. The second buck I shot almost head-on, and he went down on the spot, too. I actually used a .300 Win Mag on the last doe (just wanted to break in the new gun), and she still went fifty yards after that bullet blew up her chest. (The agreement for the lease says we get four days to get two bucks and two does.)

In Georgia this year, I've only seen does and very small bucks, and the weekend before Thanksgiving I dropped a 125-lb doe where she stood. There's a really nice buck that's in our trail cam pictures, but I still haven't seen him. *fingers crossed* The best season I've ever had, to say the least.