Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 liscense numbers on hunters for or against >

liscense numbers on hunters for or against

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

liscense numbers on hunters for or against

Old 12-06-2004, 08:28 AM

Default RE: liscense numbers on hunters for or against

Ohio doesn't require them, and I'm glad... those plastic holders give off a nasty glare sometimes...
Old 12-06-2004, 10:46 AM

uncle matt -go to kare11.com - and type chi vang in search box to read comments by the hunter who gave him a ride out on his atv--in a nutshell he acted as if nothing was wrong- but surrenderd peacefully to authoritys
------------------------------------------------------------
cold man COLD blooded
Old 12-06-2004, 12:29 PM

to charley brown- thanks for the comments

reply to jersyhunter, if they hassle ya for something like that,thats just what it is- harrasing- in my book your wearing it, I also would be upset.--

what if they only put #s on out of state hunters, its not like your gonna leave the state and ya probably know your area and less likely to trespass
in the first place, i do realize the hunter population in your state is probably quite high and concentrated. so a need for them is clear but what about other states with less population-- wisc. for example. ??
and if you are hunting your own land why should you HAVE TO wear it?
--------------------------------------------comments?
Old 12-06-2004, 12:39 PM

ptrbilt----- WHAT??you have to have the doe tag visible also????????? why?????
I suppose they make you put it on with a rubber band or string also so it flops around in the breeze in your face and makin noise. sounds like a politicans idea.. not a hunters
Old 12-06-2004, 12:41 PM

None required in OK. Can't see any good that comes from it. Just another bothersome regulatory imposition which are too numerous already.
Griz
Old 12-06-2004, 01:27 PM

I obviously wear mine proudly here in NJ because just getting past all of the paperwork so they issue the license is a feat more difficult than reaching your bag limit. In all seriousness though, I think that the biggest inconvenience is remerbering to move it from my different jackets/vests. Here in NJ it is just another rule/regulation/control that they have over us, but in theory, I don't think it has any negatives and only possible benefits (from an ID standpoint).
Old 12-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

We got em in Pa, and i hope it stays that way
Old 12-06-2004, 02:52 PM

Wearing the #'s doesnt bother me one bit.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:47 PM
RPL

I'm from NY so I do have to wear a back tag. I usually carry a day pack while hunting so I just pin the tag to my pack. I don't know about the legality of doing this (probably a violation) but have never been hassled about it yet.
Before I started pinning the tag to my pack, I had the pack cause my back tag holder to fall off my jacket at least twice. I had to do some back tracking to find the tag.
I'd like to see them eliminated.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some complain about the back tag. Some don't! Like I said before I'm all for it! I'm sure the have been many times where this backtag number have been used that we NEVER would hear about, not just this ONE time(Vang's case)! This is the ONE time you heard about it becase of the tremendous loss of life! I also don't see the numbers, or any, very high on a lost chance at a deer due to the glare, noise or any thing else a BACKTAG might cause! I feel a bit safer knowing this is an opition! I forget its even there, so did VANG! What if Wisconsin did'nt have this mandatory backtag???? Then what? Could you imagine the hunting communtiy in Wi?? How many Hunters would of left the woods knowing this guy is still out there?
Next thing were going to hear about a backtag is that it's "fuel for the antis"! Gimme a break! Remember this is just my opinion!

Don't be parinoid there just regular headlights!

Quick Reply: liscense numbers on hunters for or against

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.