Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 does anyone get burnt out from hunting???? >

does anyone get burnt out from hunting????

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

does anyone get burnt out from hunting????

Old 11-29-2004, 08:17 PM

Default RE: does anyone get burnt out from hunting????

As much as i love hunting, i do get burned out. when i go a couple of weeks without anything in bow range i start to get frustrated. after 3 weeks, then i hang the bow up for a week and just relax. hunting wrecks my nerves after a while. after a week or so, im right back out there, better than ever. its kind of a cycle. i usually dont get so burnt out gun hunting because im constantly on deer or getting deer. i gave up the last two days of sesaon to hang with my friends. its not something i do a whole lot from october to december, because most of the time im up in a tree. i think it was worth every minute. you have to take time between hunts to unwind, or you'll get too edgy and frustrated.

slayer
Old 11-29-2004, 09:33 PM

Default RE: does anyone get burnt out from hunting????

Isn't it funny how we get burned out, but a certain drive only common to us hunters keeps us going. I think it is becuase we have that drive to pursue. I get tired of deer hunting sometimes when I don't see anything and I have a young squirrel dog penned up at the house just waiting to be turned loose in the big woods for some huntin.' Just have to keep him penned up until rifle is over so he doesn't get shot by someone. But then I tell you...I'm going to wear out a pair of boots for the rest of the squirrel season and let that pup chase the meat up trees, and then I'm going to come up to those trees and get that little pot licker some meat on the ground, then I'm going to put the bushytails in my game bag, take them home and fry 'em up. Having a hunting dog really lightens things up when I get too serious in the woods. I tend to forget that there are much more important things than hunting, though it is a passion of mine. A good dog brings some laughter and puts a lot of miles on the boots so you're not stuck in one stand for hours wondering what is lurking just around the bend. I can scout a lot when I'm working the dog in the woods. -MIKE