Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Got burnt and I am so bummed >

Got burnt and I am so bummed

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Got burnt and I am so bummed

Old 01-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default Got burnt and I am so bummed

I meant to edit the original post but deleted it by accident.
I was going to go on a hunt of a lifetime for mountain lion this month but found out just in time that I was getting burnt. We had thought we did our homework but found out that the outfitter only had two dogs. He had bragged to us about killing 180 and 190 pound cats. We bought our tags and were really excited about going on this hunt. I had to cancel one hunt this year for elk with a very good friend of mine in Idaho due to an idiot that I had sold my house too. Back to the story. I called the outfitter and told him that I wanted to hunt with my bow if that was possible. He told me that many of his hunters had harvested them with a bow. I was really stoked now. I dreamt of this hunt for a long time. What was supposed to happen was he was to call us as soon as there was snow on the ground off we would go. Well he never called after two snows. We called him and his excuse was that his snowmobile was broke down. Ok things happen I understand that. Two more weeks go by and it snows again no call. We call him, his excuse was his snowmobile broke down ( gues he forgot he already used that one. SO we decide to call the DNR and they flat out tell us that this happens all the time, they get your deposit and never call you for the hunt. So much for a dream hunt in Dulce New Mexico on the Jicarilla ranch. I am BUMMED
Old 01-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Got burnt and I am so bummed

Wow, sorry I am sorry about your luck! I never realized that the thugs would go there so I guess you open up a new set of eyes here. I agree though that you need to check everyone out that makes adds saying things that sound to good to be true probaly is to good to be true. Again sorry about your luick.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ouch that sucks. Are you able to get that deposit back?
Old 01-16-2007, 02:07 PM

hey are you looking for another mountain lion hunt. I could put you on to a winner
Old 01-16-2007, 05:30 PM

thats my fear about bookin a hunt. i am gunna get many references before i ever send money to someone.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:15 PM

Dang pat that sucks bud, especially when you already had your elk hunt canceled also. Hopefully you can find a way to get your money back.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:44 PM

I would call him and tell him you and a couple of your law enforcement buddies are coming over to get your money back ,just to see what he says. You got nothing to lose at this point.

[/align]
Old 01-16-2007, 07:00 PM

Get a rope, it's hang'n time
Old 01-16-2007, 11:00 PM

Sorry to hear that Pat. I was looking forward to meeting you on that Elk hunt as well.

Hey, give that good friend a call about a coug hunt. His bro Rob knows a few good guys in Riggins over the hill from me that love to run thier dogs. Having a shooter is always a plus
Old 01-16-2007, 11:42 PM
Typical Buck

Yea trout I was ;looking forwaqrd to meeting you too. I am goingto call our buddy adn find out about his friend for a cat, I am also going to try and see if he'll let me come out this fall for that other hunt too. I probably blew my shot at coming back. We'll see.

I still can't believe i had both of my hunts screwed up somebody else.

Quick Reply: Got burnt and I am so bummed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.