Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunter shoots 5 dead

Old 11-24-2004, 11:26 AM

Default RE: Hunter shoots 5 dead

ORIGINAL: WeatherWarrior
I realize that this is very upsetting and I am no way defending this bastard but lets please judge him by what he is and that's a killer, not an "asian" killer but just a killer.
Thanks to weatherwarrior and others for calling folks on the racist comments that have been made. The guy's a killer, period. Whether cold blooded, crazy, somehow provoked (not justified), we don't know what the heck was going on in this guy's mind. We know that he killed people, some at least in cold blood, but his race has nothing to do with it.

Whether or not the Hmong have general disrespect for game laws really has nothing to do with the fact that this guy killed people. A disrespect for game laws does not make a whole group of people killers. In fact I will say that I believe this "cultural difference" may or may not have any truth to it at all (I really don't know from personal experience). But even if it does, it is a generalization and probably only true for some INDIVIDUALS and not ALL Hmong - just as there are PLENTY of whites who totally disrespect game laws and private property!! We've all met them!

What Weatherwarrior said bears repeating. The guy's a killer whether he's white black brown or whatever. He does NOT represent all of the people of his race. In fact, I've already read total condemnations of his actions by leaders of the Hmong in the Twin Cities. Sure, there have been some comments defending him from friends and family, but they sound more like what friends say about friends in the heat of the moment. We tend to be loyal about our friends until proven otherwise. I am, I admit it.

The racist comments only feed misperceptions that hunters are ignorant rednecks. Be better than that, guys!
Old 11-24-2004, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope this guy burns in Hell. He not only killed 6 people but effected or destroyed the lives of countless friends and family.

I don't know any other civalized way to express how I feel about this whole ordeal??

This disaster will also get all the Anti Hunter/Anti Gun groups fired up. They will twist this whole tradgedy to blame semi auto weapons and Hunters for the violance of 1 sick man. This is only the begining.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:45 PM

here comes another ban on assualt rifles amd peta on how hunters are loose cannons maybe we should all get together and personally thank this guy in blindfold and cigarette style[:@]
Old 11-24-2004, 11:07 PM

I think they should string him up by his nuts. Jack Rice on WCCO radio had people on there saying how people were saying racist things to him, and he was shot at first. And yes it is true, they do have total disrespect for the law. they go anywhere and everywhere and shoot anything and everything. I heard a residnt of the area where it happened say that next time on his land hes not going to wait for them to shoot. They better watch their a$$es. The worst part about it is that they claim they dont know what they did wrong. Well if thats the case then i think they should make them take a basic english test before they can get their licence. There are white people who disrespect the law, but when they are caught, they are punished. The Hmong just claim that they didnt know and there isnt much the DNR can do about it. But if they made them take english tests then everybody would claim that its too racist. Its not racist, its making them know and understand the law.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think they should string him up by his nuts. Jack Rice on WCCO radio had people on there saying how people were saying racist things to him, and he was shot at first. And yes it is true, they do have total disrespect for the law. they go anywhere and everywhere and shoot anything and everything. I heard a residnt of the area where it happened say that next time on his land hes not going to wait for them to shoot. They better watch their a$$es. The worst part about it is that they claim they dont know what they did wrong. Well if thats the case then i think they should make them take a basic english test before they can get their licence. There are white people who disrespect the law, but when they are caught, they are punished. The Hmong just claim that they didnt know and there isnt much the DNR can do about it. But if they made them take english tests then everybody would claim that its too racist. Its not racist, its making them know and understand the law.
Well said, AMEN!!!
Old 11-25-2004, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I lived in missouri we had problems with the asians that fished the local lakes they would keep under sized fish use throw nets to catch game fish and use snagging tecniques to catch whatever they could and would keep more fish then what the legal limit allowed. and would never get in trouble. I remember a time a game warden was checking me out for my fishing liscence and i mentioned to him he might want to check the asians a little ways down the bank, because they were keeping illegal size fish. The game warden told me, he doesnt bother with them because they dont speak english and its a bigger hassle then its worth. Thats complete BS if you ask me. they need to fine these A$$es just like they do us english speakin folk, and if they fail to pay the fine then arrest them they'll learn eventually. I'm sick of it there is no excuse not to know atleast basic english, there needs to be a law that makes it mandatory for immigrants to learn english within the first 3 years of living in the US. They should have to speak english before they are allowed any kind of permit wether it a drivers license, hunting, fishing license. I really think they thrive on not speaking english because they can get away with more. I needed to vent, this is an issue that has seriously peaved me for years. I'm sure many of you english speaking folk( the becoming of a new minority) in this country can agree.