Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MN hunter shoots two 8 pt bucks - one shot! >

MN hunter shoots two 8 pt bucks - one shot!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MN hunter shoots two 8 pt bucks - one shot!

Old 10-08-2003, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default MN hunter shoots two 8 pt bucks - one shot!

This happened a couple weeks ago about 20 miles from my house in St. Cloud, Minnesota. This hunter shot and hit a nice buck last year but couldn' t find it. He thought he had a high hit. A couple weeks ago while hunting in the same stand two nice 8 point bucks approached his stand. He shot one that gave him the first good broadside shot. His arrow hit its mark and both deer took off. He noticed as the second buck dissappeared, it left with its tail down but didn' t think much about it. He followed the blood trial and easily found his nice 8 pointer (looked like a 15 or 16" spread). He didn' t find his arrow. Backtracking to look for the arrow he decided to look where the second buck had exited the area. He found blood! Turns out he got both bucks! Both almost identical 8 pointers. The even more crazy thing was when cleaning the second buck he found his broadhead from the year before, lodged in the spine and completely healed over! Some luck!

Article was in the St. Cloud times and Outdor Weekly.

Good Luck!
Old 10-08-2003, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MN hunter shoots two 8 pt bucks - one shot!

Wow, that sounds amazing...I bet he didn' t mean to shoot both deer! LOL.

Yeah right.

That is great that the deer didn' t suffer from the year before.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:32 PM

Quite a story. There must have been some pretty good penetration on that arrow huh?
Old 10-08-2003, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just alittle sideline: In the photos it showed the mecanical head that logded in the spine last year. The head he shot the two bucks with this year was a fixed blade broadhead. Lastly it was a Hoyt bow.

Good Luck!
Old 10-08-2003, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

where can we see pic' s?
Old 10-09-2003, 01:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Things happen I quess
Old 10-09-2003, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the article too. Amazing story. It' s in the Outdoor News which is just a black and white minnesota weekly newspaper. I don' t think they have their articles online.

I don' t think I' d be shooting at a buck if there was another buck standing right behind it though, even with a bow.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:30 AM
Spike

How do they issue your permits in MN. In illinois we only get one buck tag at a time for Archery, how would he be able to tag them and not get fined? by the way I think that is really cool, and would be suprised if the DNR hassled him about it, but you never know with those guys.

Scott
Old 10-09-2003, 07:42 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-09-2003, 08:51 AM

Here in MI we get a combo license which can be used for any combination of sex of deer in archery season...and Bucks only in Rifle and muzzleloader season.
One is restricted and the other non restricted. The restricted tag is for, " An antlered deer with 4 or more points on one side in archery or firearm seasons, or any sized antlerless deer in archery season only." The non restricted is for anysized antlered deer in firearm and archery seasons or anysized antlerless deer in archery season only.

But shooting at a deer when another deer is behind is very irresponsible. Sad thing is some people will actually praise him for it. I just hope more ridicule him than praise.

Quick Reply: MN hunter shoots two 8 pt bucks - one shot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.