Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 update on my cousins hunting accident >

update on my cousins hunting accident

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

update on my cousins hunting accident

Old 11-17-2004, 06:39 PM

Default update on my cousins hunting accident

my mom talked to her brother today and he said billy was going to make it through it ok. he has a lot of recouping to do but he is going to be ok.The guy who shot him was a close family friend who feels so bad he is having a hard time coping with the whole deal. It seems he has a bow with a rod that allows you to draw the bow and shoot when you want to,he was in the woods hunting with billy ,billy had come out of the woods and was sitting in the car waiting for his friend to come out. WHEN THE FRIEND DID COME OUT AS HE WAS WALKING UP TO THE CAR HE WAS MESSING WITH THE BOW BECAUSE HE WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH IT AND IT RELEASED THE ARROW AND IT WENT THROUGH THE GLASS AND HIT BILLY IN THE NECK. They called for help and a chopper came to get him but there was not enough room for him to get in with the arrow sticking out of his neck,so they got a bigger chopper out of somewhere else and got him to the doctors,from what i was told nbc wants him to make a movie about the accident so maybe we will get to see what happened on tv,AND MAYBE OTHERS WILL LEARN A GOOD LESSON ON SAFETY
Old 11-17-2004, 08:41 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Default RE: update on my cousins hunting accident

If NBC makes a movie about it then the story will include him and his buddy being evil poachers who are whoopin it up and drinking while hunting. I hope he comes thru just fine, but I wouldn't trust the big three networks for anything.
Let me clarify this point. I am not insinuating that your cousin is a poacher ....I'm just saying I can't see NBC casting a remotely favorable light on hunting.

David
Old 11-17-2004, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

good to hear your cousin is doing some better, praying for a speedy and full recovery
Old 11-17-2004, 09:11 PM

A good lesson on safety...never trust a safety mechanism..
Old 11-18-2004, 12:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like what they call a drawlock,Makes a bow like a x-bow
Old 11-18-2004, 01:50 AM

Sounds like a made for tv story if his friend's actions turned out to be intentional. Only time will tell.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:48 AM

If the guy who said it was an accident was bow hunting in wisconsin why did he have a bow with "draw lock" feature. that is illeagal and should still get fined for in a way poaching. I hunt in wisconsin also and i think it's terrible that people do that kinda thing.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with DPV -- if a movie is made about this it will invariably use your cousin's story as a vehicle for deprecating hunting.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:10 AM

Right now, who cares about a movie? I'm glad to hear that your cousin is doing better and recovering well.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:57 AM

I'm really glad your cousin is doing well and I really do feel for the guy who shot him. I'm sure he feels like a real idiot. I don't know what I'd do if I screwed up that badly.

But a point I made earlier remains - the shooter is guilty of, in my opinion, of gross negligence or even assualt. Regardless of the time, place, or the weapon, it should have been pointed at the ground, not horizontally - especially, not at a car or person - whether loaded or not, whether there is a safety on it or not. There is absolutely NO excuse for not having it pointed in a safe direction.

It is not an "accident" it is gross negligence. It might be an "accident" that it fired, but it was NOT an accident that it was pointed in an unsafe direction. Regardless of intent, I think it's a degree of assault and battery. Not to kick a guy while he's down, but it's just such a bad mistake that I don't think it should be called an accident.

Quick Reply: update on my cousins hunting accident

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.