HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - update on my cousins hunting accident
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 06:39 PM
little-d

Default update on my cousins hunting accident

my mom talked to her brother today and he said billy was going to make it through it ok. he has a lot of recouping to do but he is going to be ok.The guy who shot him was a close family friend who feels so bad he is having a hard time coping with the whole deal. It seems he has a bow with a rod that allows you to draw the bow and shoot when you want to,he was in the woods hunting with billy ,billy had come out of the woods and was sitting in the car waiting for his friend to come out. WHEN THE FRIEND DID COME OUT AS HE WAS WALKING UP TO THE CAR HE WAS MESSING WITH THE BOW BECAUSE HE WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH IT AND IT RELEASED THE ARROW AND IT WENT THROUGH THE GLASS AND HIT BILLY IN THE NECK. They called for help and a chopper came to get him but there was not enough room for him to get in with the arrow sticking out of his neck,so they got a bigger chopper out of somewhere else and got him to the doctors,from what i was told nbc wants him to make a movie about the accident so maybe we will get to see what happened on tv,AND MAYBE OTHERS WILL LEARN A GOOD LESSON ON SAFETY