Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Letter of warning to  dog / pet owners.... >

Letter of warning to dog / pet owners....

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Letter of warning to dog / pet owners....

Old 11-12-2004, 06:52 AM

Default RE: Letter of warning to dog / pet owners....

If you do that, every dog, cat, and parakeet that dies from now on will be blamed on you.

just take care of the problem....you dont need to talk about it.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sending a letter like you are describing could be considered a threat in some areas and could possibly land you in court. You would be much better off by politely explaining the situation to the neighbors in person. Putting a letter in someones paper box is a pretty gutless way of trying to handle this situation.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:51 AM

You don't like hunting do you?

In my opinion, unless you are the owner of that land, sending a letter like that would be going outside the scope of permission that you have.

If one of the people that I allow to hunt on my land did what you propose, that person would never have permission to hunt again.

If you actually shot a horse, you would probably have to leave the state..that is if you had any money left after the civil suit and after your house was burned to the ground. You might suffer the same fate with the dog too.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:24 AM
pch

I would FIRST speak to the owner of the 100 acres, talk with him so you both are in agreement. Then go forward with whatever you two come up with.

PhilH
Old 11-12-2004, 06:34 PM

Just do what i have done . if you know who owns the animal go see them . tell them to control the animal or you will.
After that if a problem continues handle it!
Old 11-12-2004, 06:44 PM

ORIGINAL: pch

I would FIRST speak to the owner of the 100 acres, talk with him so you both are in agreement. Then go forward with whatever you two come up with.

PhilH
This sounds like the best idea proposed
Old 11-12-2004, 06:46 PM

For starters you have hunitng rights to the land but you dont own it. That letter will get your hunting permission revoked for sure cause the land owner sure wont want to hear it. Talk to the people if you find a dog on the property. It is much easier than trying to explain to them and the land owner why you shot it. But if you cant get them to listen , well find somewhere else to hunt cause you aint got any rights since you dont own the land. Sorry
Old 11-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!

That would be considered evidence in court, if someone's pet was harmed or missing. Plus you dont own the land & you have no rights to controll what happens on it.

Talk to the land owner, see what he says first about tresspassing pets.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

I'd say your best bet is to go talk to these owners.. let them know you don't want to shoot one of there animals.. but accidents can happen and you don't want any of there animals mistaken for deer and accidentally shot. Let them know you don't appreciate their animals on your land.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

PhilH
This makes the most sense. If the landowner values the hunting, let him put a stop to it. If not, probably find somewhere else. Remember that the landowner has to deal with these people 365 days a year, not just deer season.

Shooting a horse in my county would be a BAD, BAD, BAD IDEA! Open range laws prevail here. Theft or destroying livestock is a felony, which translates into no more guns, no more hunting licenses.

Quick Reply: Letter of warning to dog / pet owners....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.