Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Letter of warning to  dog / pet owners.... >

Letter of warning to dog / pet owners....

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Letter of warning to dog / pet owners....

Old 11-11-2004, 09:37 PM

Default Letter of warning to dog / pet owners....

Ok from all Ive read everyone when given the option would rather not shoot a domesticated K9....which kinda ties into my situation. I have exclusive rights to 100+ acers of land (posted/marked along all of its borders) and want to leave a few letters in the neigboring land owners paper boxes advising them to keep their pets on their property as to avoid a possible accident involing killing/ wounding their pets (one of these neighbors even lets their 2 horses off their property to run about freely in a open section of this land I have rights to, they dont.[:@].) Please help me (and possibly others in here) by writing what you would deem a SERIOUS and CRYSTAL CLEAR letter to these people regarding this subject.

Thanks and good huntn!
Old 11-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Letter of warning to dog / pet owners....

i don't know sending a letter could open a whole cans of worms that you may not be able to close
Old 11-11-2004, 10:13 PM

i think talking to each individual first, if they blow up on ya, shoot it if it comes on that property
Old 11-12-2004, 01:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Why dont you call the proper officials.It is against the law in most places just to let your dog run
Old 11-12-2004, 02:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

bad idea (the letter)...think of a plan "b"
Old 11-12-2004, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

It wouldn't do much good for us hunters if an angry neighbor sent a copy of that letter to an animal rights group or worse - the local news. When hunting deer, concentrate on shooting deer. We're not out there to shoot dogs.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

When hunting deer, concentrate on shooting deer. We're not out there to shoot dogs.
Not so sure about that anymore [:-]
Old 11-12-2004, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

If one was to shoot a dog, would they wait for a standing broadside shot or do people take unethical, low percentage running shots that cause suffering? The dog is not a game animal and is not the intended game. If people can let a buck walk because he's not "mature", people can show a little restraint and not shoot someone's pet.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Don't know who owns the 100 acre parcel, but if it is a local and you pass out letters like that you will probably lose the land. If anybody's dog goes missing for any reason, even if you don't have anything to do with it, you are going to get the blame. Hint, slashed tires, tacks and maybe a good old butt whippin. Hunt deer, not dogs, ideas like yours contribute to landowners not allowing any hunting on their lands.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think too many dogs are shot accidentally.

Quick Reply: Letter of warning to dog / pet owners....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.