Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

sick of unsportmen hunters

Old 11-10-2004, 09:00 PM

Default sick of unsportmen hunters

This year i shot a nice 13 point. The word got around and within a week my treestand was lying on the ground. I did my time scouting and sitting long days in my tree. It is a shame we cant even put trail cameras in any woods with them being stolen. People go on land without permission, and i have cought 2 different people sitting in my stand. It is rediculous people cant do there homeowrk and find thier own spot. Just letting off some steam
Old 11-10-2004, 09:07 PM

Default RE: sick of unsportmen hunters

How did the word get around? I take it this is not private property?
Old 11-10-2004, 09:13 PM

just a smaller town where hunting spots are getting tight becuase all of the developments. It was private property and i have permission but people hunt it illegally. If one knows about the deer they all know. Next time i get a nice buck im telling no one until the deer heads back from getting mounted
Old 11-10-2004, 09:14 PM

well look at it this way you could be dealing with a couple of A$$es around my neck of the woods who think nobody should be remotely close to anywhere they are hunting. Im not sure how it is where youre at but around here there is not any major blocks of land left.....40-50 acre tracts thats it if youre lucky.....you better get used to folks steppin across property lines from time to time.....im not saying its right but it happens....just tonight i had to cross on to someones land to collect a doe that my brother had shot. I wouldnt hunt on their property though but walking through and seeing other folks is a common problem here in central NC. But you know what its never not one time hurt my hunting...the deer come right back 10 min later....
Old 11-10-2004, 09:24 PM

I hear ya man. It's sad that once you install a tree stand you have to put a lock on it and remove all the tree spikes. The main problem is most hunters are hunting for the wrong reasons - a big racked buck. Nothing is going to change until the hunter's mind frame changes. I think that has a direct translation to hunting ethics.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:30 PM

I used a heavy duty chain and lock and they used bolt cutters on it.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:21 PM

I guess someone has it in for you to take that much effort and drag bolt cutters into the woods...what a shame. Hopefully that person can get a life or job for that matter.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:26 PM

It happens all over they are everywhere and its only going to get worse.