Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

SICK, ABSOLUTELY SICK.

Old 12-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default SICK, ABSOLUTELY SICK.

Well, I really messed up, the big 10 point that I have hunted all season finally showed up tonight with about 10 minutes left in our ML season, I have numerous pictures of him and he would have been a real trophy for me. I guess and hope that it was a clean miss, He was about 75 yards, he cleared a 5 barb fence just about 10 yards from where I shot with ease, no blood, no hair, no nothing, but it was raining and just about completely dark. I could'nt see how he acted at the time I shot from the muzzle flash and smoke but by the time things cleared out, he was going over the fence. I don't have him in my truck but here he is.

Old 12-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: SICK, ABSOLUTELY SICK.

id look a lil more just in case. thats a real nice deer..
Old 12-05-2004, 07:16 PM

Sorry to hear bro'.

Hopefully you've marked the spot, called in sick to work, and are back at that spot right now with mega lights and a few buddies for the rest of the night. I couldn't sleep...sigh...
Old 12-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah I will, I will probably be late for work in the morning, I know the general direction he was going, but with the stuff we have around here if he was hit it will be extremely hard to just find a dead deer without a blood trail. He would have been the biggest by far that I had ever taken and a real wall-hanger for me. If I did'nt hit him he will eventually be back to the camera, I hope he shows up if I don't find him.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

how far was he when ya shot, if you did hit him he shouldnt be to far. thats where id work tom.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

About 70 to 75 yards, and I had my gun dead on at 75, I don't see how I could have missed, I had to watch him about 10 minutes before he offered a broad side shot and it was getting really dark , could'nt hardly see him with out looking thru the scope. I know I was right on his front shoulder or just a little behind when I fired, I almost know I hit him, I will give it another try tomorrow, I came almost not even shooting since it was raining, but I've hunted him all season and this is the first time I have been lucky enough to get a shot and I thougt for sure he would not make it out of the field with a decent hit. I may not ever find him but I almost know he is hit and hit pretty good, time will tell, If I missed he will show back up at my camera because he is a frequent user, I guess he likes his picture took. Wish me luck, cause where he made it into is some really thick stuff.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck and keep us posted!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2004, 10:09 PM

by all means keep lookin-- he worth it

i had to make a split second desion this year, a huge doe came within 30 yds of me and jumped a high fence before i glimeced two more out of the corner of my eye and didnt shoot , well out ambles bambi no bigger than a good sized dog and stops right at the fence, but uncle buck stays just out of a clear shot. so i slowly bring up my 44mag pistol with its nice shiny finish on it, and draw a bead on junior thinkin that the buck will come to the same spot . well he did alright flat out,right up to the fence,-(i think he caught a flash reflection off that chrome hammered shiny gun) -the instant he jumped over the fence----so did junior,---- do i shoot and try to harvest both?--and do i have enough power to take both?(240 grain-bullet penetration)---they were lined up SO perfect from what i saw - i had JR dead 4 times over- and when he jumped the bead was set to kill- it is just amazing how many things go through your head in that 1 second in time-????????????? do I ,dont I, do I ,dont ahhhhggghhh NO i didnt ITS NOT A SURE SHOT yes youll take out milk breath but would you have killed uncle buck or just made him to suffer for who knows how long--- as i set my gun down to ponder all that had just transpired---should i have or not--when i look up heres my huntin buddy poking his head out of the fenceline- not immediately but shortly after-- he was tending a 4 pt he had bagged shortly before -when we walked to where the buck was- he had been behind both the deer that jumped the fence and could have been hit yes the trees might have stopped it but - i believe that i had some help in that choice to shoot or not- better a live buddy than a dead deer
------------------------------------------
death-the ultimite alarm clock, it wakes you up---movie "platoon"
-----------------------------------------------------------

He is the good shepherd who watches over his flock
Old 12-06-2004, 01:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck
Old 12-06-2004, 04:22 AM
Typical Buck

Ive shot three deer with my muzzle loader since I owned it. None of the three left a blood trail. I couldn't beleave it. The first two had no exit wound. All went under 50yds before going down. All were good hits. I don't understand why but I'm serious when I say no blood. If I hadn't followed threw properly I would've wrote the last two hits off as a miss.

O I was using 240 grn CVA power bellts. I switched this year and killed a deer with TC Shockwaves in 200grns all with 100grns pyrodex <sp pellets and upgraded this year to tripple seven pellets. All shots were around 40yds.

Good luck looking he's a beaut.

Quick Reply: SICK, ABSOLUTELY SICK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.