Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 boy some bow hunters just make me sick >

boy some bow hunters just make me sick

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

boy some bow hunters just make me sick

Old 02-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default boy some bow hunters just make me sick

First off i am a bow hunter but i gun hunt to .
Second this is not a attack on any one person
Third
I think it is sad when we bow hunters who get anywhere from 4 to 6 months of bow only season.
think they should remove muzzle loader shotgun and rifle season from the rut time
make them smaller.
Gun hunters get only a few weeks to hunt.
So the rut is the best time for them.
i do think there are alot of gun hunters out there that just walk through the woods locked and loaded looking for any deer. that is not right.
Heck i did it my first few years first year i did not scout just found a spot sit there for a few hours then moved.
And i only got one shot 80 yards out.
Second year i scouted Little but not much.
Last year i scout my ass off and got two shots but missed

I think we all need to let off the gun hunters alittle they only get a few weeks to hunt.

Let me ask you this would you be more happy if they made the rut bow only and mad all other hunting time both gun and bow
Old 02-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: boy some bow hunters just make me sick

I'd be more happy if they made the slaughter a "little" tougher on gun hunters.

IMO.....I want gun hunters to have their fair share of time in the woods hunting. I just don't see why that has to be in the rut.....when bucks are at their most vulnerable.

I want NOTHING taken away from gun hunters. Give them their weeks afield. Good luck to them.

Answer me this.......you live in NC....where you can basically kill ALL the does you want to. But.....Rifle season starts when the rut starts. WHY woud you waste your time on a doe.....when it's the BEST time to kill a buck?

It's no wonder there are more bucks killed in NC than does. This isn't rocket science.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 02-20-2008, 12:41 PM

Myself I don't like seeing rifle season in the middle of the rut because ofthe way deerare at that time of year. After the rut 2 or 3 weeks for rifle seems ok.
Alot more deer get killed in the short rifle seasons than they do all bow season because so many more people are out hunting.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

bow hunting is legal in all states right.....so if the gun hunters are complaining that they dont get enough hunting time, then they should take up bowhunting also....(oh by the way i muzzleload hunt also and i am fine with the short gun season in IL)
Old 02-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'd be more happy if they made the slaughter a "little" tougher on gun hunters.

IMO.....I want gun hunters to have their fair share of time in the woods hunting. I just don't see why that has to be in the rut.....when bucks are at their most vulnerable.

I want NOTHING taken away from gun hunters. Give them their weeks afield. Good luck to them.

Answer me this.......you live in NC....where you can basically kill ALL the does you want to. But.....Rifle season starts when the rut starts. WHY woud you waste your time on a doe.....when it's the BEST time to kill a buck?

It's no wonder there are more bucks killed in NC than does. This isn't rocket science.
Jeff, When does rifle/gun season start where you hunt in NC?
Old 02-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

First off i am a bow hunter but i gun hunt to .
Second this is not a attack on any one person
Third
I think it is sad when we bow hunters who get anywhere from 4 to 6 months of bow only season.
think they should remove muzzle loader shotgun and rifle season from the rut time
make them smaller.
Gun hunters get only a few weeks to hunt.
So the rut is the best time for them.
i do think there are alot of gun hunters out there that just walk through the woods locked and loaded looking for any deer. that is not right.
Heck i did it my first few years first year i did not scout just found a spot sit there for a few hours then moved.
And i only got one shot 80 yards out.
Second year i scouted Little but not much.
Last year i scout my ass off and got two shots but missed

I think we all need to let off the gun hunters alittle they only get a few weeks to hunt.

Let me ask you this would you be more happy if they made the rut bow only and mad all other hunting time both gun and bow
The best deer biologist agree with gun season being out of the Rut. Un-like most other things in hunting there is some science behind this idea. Look at Iowa, they based their season on what Minn did wrong.

Depends on what state you are talking about in MI there is a 45+ days of gun hunting, and 55 days of bow only. Some states are different. Here in MI I would prefer an earlier gun season for doe only in Sept

The DNR for all states should do what is best for the deer, the DNR is not here to satisfy hunters. They are suppose to protect the resource.

I would prefer a week of no hunting during the rut. Nov 15th Bow season ends in MI, 7 days later we have a gun season.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Mid November, I believe. I think we're 2 weeks ahead of the Eastern side of the state.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

DNR...$$$$...that's what its all about to them. Gun hunters know they have limited time and they may be willing to buy a tag if they know that there chances are better that time of year!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

the response that rifle season is a slaughter is laughable. I enjoy bowhunting much more than rifle season but if you call rifle season a slaughter I invite you to try in Maine. Rut or no rut, the success rate is 20% of licensed hunters tag a deerand our rifle seasons runs for 4 weeks from the very end of October thru thanksgiving.The reason I bowhunt is like one person mentioned to expand my time in the field,and I happen to have fell head over heels for bowhunting, but I have no problem sharing the woods for the 4 week rifle season, I have 4 weeks prior to rifle season to own the woods.

Quick Reply: boy some bow hunters just make me sick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.