Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Here is about pochers

Old 11-03-2004, 06:54 PM

Default Here is about pochers

back when i was 13 i thought i was bad nothing could bring me down well opening day of deer season was on my 13th b-day well it was around 10pm friday night an i kep seeing this red truck go up an down the road with a spot light well i called my g-pa an tald him about it he said leave it its a bunch kids spotlighting i said cool well around 2am i hurd a gun shot i put on my close an went out there an there was the same red truck i seen an the plates were ohio an i ask the two guys wut they thought they was doing well they had spotlighted the big buck i had been hunting 14 points a easy B&C they just looked at me an i said i am calling the gamewordan was i started up the hill the shot me in the back of my right leg with a 22 i droped an they drove off an left the deer i cralwed to my house woke up my mom an they called 911 an the ambulamce came an got me a rushed me to the hospital i lost a lot of blood an i told the cops wut the truck looked like didnt get a plate number just ohio an told them wut the two guys looked like they never cought them i almost last my leg an i still have trouble with it today so always becarefull when u walk up on someone like that

AIM SMALL MISS SMALL
Old 11-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Here is about pochers

good story two tips for you though never go to agun fight unarmed and learn how to spell your posts are very hard to read and understand
Old 11-03-2004, 07:47 PM

Well I agree about not going to a gun fight unarmed but its best to stay out of that kind of situation. Bringing a gun could have just made things worse. I would reccomend people not confronting people like that, leave it up to the cops or game warden.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:02 PM

jeeze that sucks. Yea never approach people especially at night alone. If they have a gun its evern worse.
Old 11-04-2004, 03:21 AM

Behavior like that will catch up to those Clowns. Life has a way of always getting even!
Old 11-04-2004, 07:03 AM
Dominant Buck

I am now dealing with poachers. I have had two bow hunts ruined by poachers. The last two weeks of bow season, I would get out, find deer and start working them. When I would get within bow range some ingrate would shot at the deer. Mind you it was not rifle season, plus they were on my private property. Not only were they hunting illegaly, but also shot up my grandparents old farm house for fun. I tried to follow them and get a licens plate number but couldnt. I wish people like poachers would just die. They ruin a good thing for everyone. I did call the Gamewarden and when he came out he took the deer they had shot and we looked for shells and other evidence. He told me if he catches them they were facing a $5000 fine and 6 months in jail on top of charges for the vandalism, that is if I press charges, which I shur as heck will.[:@][:'(]

Rifle season starts here sat. Im going to be out with my cannons. Im leaving the 30-06 home and pulling out the old 375 h and h or a 338 rum. If I get sight of a vehicle on my land the engine block is getting about a 200 grain bullet.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:22 AM

ORIGINAL: bob d

good story two tips for you though never go to agun fight unarmed and learn how to spell your posts are very hard to read and understand
I agree with the first tip, but probably shouldn't go out there at all. And next there's no reason to rag on him for his spelling, how do you know what his situation is? Lay off. He didn't write his story to get criticized by you.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:35 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: micdundee

ORIGINAL: bob d

I agree with the first tip, but probably shouldn't go out there at all. And next there's no reason to rag on him for his spelling, how do you know what his situation is? Lay off. He didn't write his story to get criticized by you.

Diddo. Im probably one of the worlds worst spellers.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

9 Point what state are you from?
Old 11-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why not approach them and say," hey, what did you guys get?, nice. you guys going to take it or just leave it, yeah I would too, to many of these deer running around, well take it easy guys and don't get caught"....

All the while you are checking out there plate number and then turn them in.......

Just a different thought.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.