Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What's minimum distance apart for feeders >

What's minimum distance apart for feeders

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What's minimum distance apart for feeders

Old 10-27-2004, 08:04 PM

Default What's minimum distance apart for feeders

My dad and uncle have 360 acres together. We'ev got 20 in one corner, and 37 in another, with a feeder on each. My dad just purchased another 100 acres that borders the 37 we've already got. I was thinking about putting twe feeders on the 100 acres. How far apart should I keep the feeders?
Old 10-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What's minimum distance apart for feeders

I would probably try to find the dividing line that would split the property in half. Then I would put one feeder to the side on what would appear to be the best location. I would try to spread them out as evenly as possible, or at least keep them out of sight of one another.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:35 PM

Default RE: What's minimum distance apart for feeders

What I have seen on the varous ranches I visit and hunt in texas is that each feeder and blind should in no way interfere with another feeder and blind on your property. NEVER set things up so your blind is shooting out of your property or towards another blind/Feeder. I currently hunt 300 arces and it has 7 feeders and thoughts for a couple more.