Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WHO'S YOUR HUNTING BUDDY?

Old 09-08-2004, 01:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WHO'S YOUR HUNTING BUDDY?

This is one great thread, really brings back some memories. Like many, Dad was mine before he passed. Then for yrs, did not have a place to go. Now, my son is 17, and we just got on a place a couple weeks ago. My son is really a good kid, but like all teens, they sometimes think they don't need anyone else. I was really pleased the other day when he kind of beat around the bush, and asked If I would be in the stand with him. He said I think I know how, but have never really done it by myself. I was hoping he would want to double up, as I want to see his reaction to having Buck Fever come over him. Looking for some great times together hunting deer, squirrel, hogs, snakes, etc... before he goes off to college.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the compiment on this thread St. Barnard..........i thought alot of people would like to share there true friends in the woods.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:58 PM

My brother and my father are my hunting buds, when we were young my father got us both in to it now that we are alot older it is nice to be able to still be close to them and still hunt together.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:52 PM

my dad and soon my brother i hope will bew hunting with me. and i also have my uncle and a friend or two form texas. it;s good to have friends or buddies to hunt with
rob k
Old 09-09-2004, 02:26 PM

Well I'm 53 my dad is 74 and we still hunt and fish together. The hunting trips are the best sitting around campfire at night telling stories of past hunts and guys we hunted with,nothing better than that.57 more days until season opens man I'm ready
Old 09-09-2004, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

My wife has been hunting with me fo 7 years now. Can't get her to go deer hunting though. She claims if she can't drag it out herself she won't shoot it. But the GOOD news is my son just passed his hunter safty coarse and his license came today in the mail. So now I have another partner who can't wait to get on stand.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:34 AM

When I was a young girl, it was my Uncle Chet who taught me about hunting, fishing & the outdoors. Now, it's my the man in my life - he's a full out hunter and we both love the outdoors. He does like it that my favorite store is Kittery Trading post and I'm allergic to malls <smile>. Maybe that's why we get along so well.

This fall will be my first Maine hunting trip and I am really looking forward to it. I've just registered for this forum (although I've participated in duck hunting and other shooting forums). I look forward to meeting and chatting with folks.

Pola Galie
Medford, NJ 08055
work - www.libertyuso.org
fun - www.crossroadsdecoys.com
Old 09-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

I don't have a huntin' buddy

I talk to myself in the woods, you know not aloud . . . I share what I killed or saw with my fiancee and her family though
Old 09-13-2004, 10:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Pearl Jam

I don't have a huntin' buddy
We'll be your buddies PJ. PTL for the internet!
Old 09-14-2004, 12:33 AM

My Dad and I hunt together for years but his health has stopped him from coming out west and hunting in the high country, I started looking for a spot were he could hunt close to camp with out much work, I found it ! Dad Thinks he's coming out to be camp cook this year, I think he's going home with a bull Elk.

Quick Reply: WHO'S YOUR HUNTING BUDDY?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.