HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   WHO'S YOUR HUNTING BUDDY? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/69511-whos-your-hunting-buddy.html)

TURKEY FAN 08-18-2004 02:09 PM

WHO'S YOUR HUNTING BUDDY?

My hunting buddy is my uncle Tony........he is my step-dad's brother. Ya see, my dad died when i was only 8yrs old and i can hardly remember him. When my mother re-married, his brother like to hunt and when i was like 10 he got me into hunting. He said if i got a certain score on my hunters educ. test he would pay for my liscense and tag. When i was 12 he gave me my first shot-gun an 870 rem express, and i use it for everything till this day. We have shared so many great moments in the woods together, and now that i am 25yrs old we spend alot more off time together than we use to, we use to just see each other during the hunting seaason. Now that he is getting older, i listen more to what he says, and i would say he has taught me everything i know about hunting, and he still teaches me things..........he is my true hunting buddy.

speyrjb 08-18-2004 02:27 PM

RE: WHO'S YOUR HUNTING BUDDY?

Awesome thread Turkey Fan! And great story!

My hunting buddy is my dad. He has taught me so much about hunting, fishing, and the oudoors. Not to mention life in general. He bought me my first gun at 7 yrs old. It's a Stevens pump action .410 that I still have to this day. I have taken soooo much game with that little shotgun. I would never get rid of that gun, even if someone offered an obscene amount of money because it's priceless to me. I have so many good memories of being at deer camp and taking my first deer. Duck hunging, dove hunting, rabbits, squirels, fishing for speckled trout and flounder. You name it.

After I became an adult we didn't get to hunt and fish together as much for about 5 years. Then 6 years ago I got an opportunity to join the deer lease he was on and I jumped on it! I hope to have many more years hunting with my dad because there's nothing like it in the world. Some of the best memories I have are with a gun or fishing rod in my hand with my dad by my side. I hope to be my son's hunting buddy some day to teach him the same things my dad taught me.

farmcntry 08-18-2004 03:46 PM

My hunting buddy is my son. This year he is 4, but hunted with me last year. We were able to take a small 4 pointer that normally I would have let walk, however because he was with me we took him. He was SO excited and helped load it, clean it, and cut it up. He's hooked now and is getting very excited about deer season already.
I am very lucky. My wife will also be hunting with me this year which is just awesome.

Wanna get by shopping at BassPro and Cabelas all the time?? Get your wife to hunt and see what all she buys. Then they understand!:D

livbucks 08-18-2004 04:35 PM

I'd like to say my son, but the truth is my hunting buddy is my Dad. My boy likes to go but doesn't care to talk about or think about hunting all that much. My Dad , on the other hand, lives and breathes hunting, like me. So that is my final answer, my Dad.

trailer 08-18-2004 05:34 PM

My hunting buddy is my uncle. We’ve been hunting for many year and many more to come.

killer243 08-18-2004 05:42 PM

my 4 uncles taught me how to hunt, scout, process deer and many more things. however i got my dad back into hunting when i turned 12 and he has been my hunting buddy.

bowhuntinoh 08-18-2004 05:53 PM

mostly i hunt alone but my son likes to but only for a few hours then hes ready to go home i do have a friend who just got back into hunting last year but his back is bad he cant go more than a mile or so walking but we have a good time

hntngirl 08-19-2004 03:13 AM

My hunting buddy is my husband. He bow hunts and I rifle hunt, but we do alot of scouting together. During his season, I do alot of calling for him, and he comes up on the weekends during my season and does the same for me. We both completely understand each other's methods and tactics, so we're able to be real assets to each other. It's the perfect match!:D

deadshot 08-19-2004 03:26 AM

during the bow season my hunting partners are firstly my 15 yr old daughter she has been hunting with me the last 2 years, and then my very best friend he is 70+ yrs old and was 1 of the very first bow hunters here in mich, his name is moe and i have learned a wealth of info from this man a few of you here met him at sunsets get together and kevin1 had the honor to shoot a few rounds with him ,, then during gun season my partner is my wife, when we first got together 8 yrs ago it was right before bow season , she said to me that she always wanted to deer hunt well it didnt take long for her to get her hunters ed classes done an the first year she hunted with me she was 8 months pregnant,, her family was all against her hunting an they still are but she goes every year now and it seems its the only time her and i get any alone time from the kids an the everyday worries wouldnt trade my hunting partners for anything

LeeinVa1 08-19-2004 05:14 AM

i have about four hunting buddies. i hunt with my brother and a close friend when i am hunting in upstate New York. when i hunt in Virginia, i hunt with the son of a buddie, my buddie passed away a few years back. and when i hunt in North Carolina, i hunt with my girlfriend, just got her into hunting last year and she really looks forward to it.