Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Border Crossings VS-1 Scent

Old 08-02-2004, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default Border Crossings VS-1 Scent

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I have been on here, but glad to see the information is still plentyful...

Hey I was checking out this Scent that Border Crossing is putting out, supposed to be the best Doe Estrus you can buy, must be kept cold, ect... I was wondering if anyone had tried any... It costs $50 for 20cc of it, so it's rather pricey... Wanted to get the low down on it, before I spent that kinda cash on a Hoax...

Here's the website if interested... http://www.scentreport.com/

Thanks, and good luck this year...
Old 08-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Border Crossings VS-1 Scent

How would you keep it cold in the field ?
Ice pack ? Sounds fishy to me , estrous pee is pretty much estrous pee when it's fresh .
Old 08-02-2004, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

No I assume you only keep it cold while not in use... At least I would hope so... No way I am lugging anything like a cooler into the woods with me, I have enough junk already...lol
Old 08-02-2004, 06:14 PM

HVY IMHO i dont think its worth 50 bucks and the only scent they sell is doe in estreus ,,

not to mention your only getting 20cc's for that amount, 50 bucks could buy something more useful to you, and then you also have to wonder is it really doe pee or is it mixed like most are today ,, and by mixed i mean is it doe with horse pee or cow pee, i would be a little sceptical about buying deer lure that is ONLY available on line,,,,,,

if your looking for a good deer lure that not only comes in doe in estreus but also in regular doe as well as domanant buck check out rushcreek deer lures bud and i'm quite sure there are a few guys here that will tell you its a good product,,

www.rushcreekdeerlure.com
Old 08-05-2004, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

SAVE YOUR MONEY. I got a bottle last year and I don't think it was worth the money. I didn't have any deer come into it when I had it out. I use Bob Krishner's Silver Top at a fraction of the cost and have GOOD results with it.