Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How do you launder your hunting clothes? >

How do you launder your hunting clothes?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you launder your hunting clothes?

Old 07-28-2004, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default How do you launder your hunting clothes?

I mean in regards to scent.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How do you launder your hunting clothes?

Well I use Hunters Specialties laundery detergent and I try to dry my clothes outside but if it is too cold I use some earth scented dryer sheetsand throw it in the dryer. After all my clothes are finished drying I put my clothes in a scentloc bag and put leaves and earth in their with the clothes. I drive to my spot where I'm hunting and put on my clothes. It isn't too fun when its cold and wet outside. I then use a scent away spray scent remover. I also use elimitrax to cover my boots and legs. It works real well.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

First I run the washer empty with baking soda, then I do my them in plain water and then do them again in baking soda and hang them outside.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do the same thing that Taz does, works well for me!
Old 07-28-2004, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do basically the same. I soak my clothes in water before washing in baking soda. One thing to keep in mind is be sure that all baking soda is rinsed thoroughly from all hunting clothes. Since baking soda by definition absorbs odors, it would not be in your best interest if undesitable odors are now on your clothes because of unrinsed baking soda.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:22 PM

I sometimes use an old large tub, which is about 3 feet wide. I use a sports wash for eliminating scent and UV eliminator. Mix the soap and water in the tub. Place some clothes in and let sit. Than I use a large stick to occausionally stir. Drain out the tub and throughly rinse the clothes with the hose nozzel. I than leave clothes outside to dry. I use rubber gloves when handling the clothes, so to not add my scent. Once dry, I place in plastic storage bins with some hemlock/pine branches for added fregrance. Also, I clean out the storage bins prior to adding the clothes, and remove scent. Lock the bins until I ready to go hunting. I start out good with scent but get lazy after I do a few hunts and bring home the deer. Any articles of cloths that do not dry, I place in dry by themselves to dry.

T
Old 07-28-2004, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Baking soda! its cheep and works as good as any thing
Old 07-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Baking Soda, same as most here....double rinse then hang outside to dry on a Spruce tree.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing wrong with baking soda is that it will fade your camo quicker then the special hunting soaps. For many years i used baking soda with great results, just that it faded the camo.

I use special hunting camo wash, air dry outside, once dryed, I spray them down lightly with scent eliminator, then store them in a large heavy gauge plastic bag, get dress when i get to my hunting area, same goes with my boots.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just toss my in the washing machine with no detergent and run them through a regular cycle then put them in the dryer then they hang in my closet till i need them

Quick Reply: How do you launder your hunting clothes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.