Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Check out Dream Season

Old 07-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Spike

Default Check out Dream Season

Anybody seen the new Dream Season show on the Outdoor Channel? It is produced by Drury Outdoors and airs Tuesday nights; it is totally different from any other hunting television show that I have seen. I personally like it and just wanted to know what other hunters thought about the show.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:21 PM

Default RE: Check out Dream Season

I've watched the show and it does have some entertainment value (something to watch during the summer) but I knew it wasn't long until the reality TV craze hit the hunting world! Like all other reality shows, it's just too rehearsed and scripted for me. But that's just my opinion!!
Old 07-09-2004, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

I've never seen it but it sounds kind of interesting, can you describe it a little?
Old 07-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Spike

Basically there are 6 teams, two partners each, competing against each other to produce quality deer hunts throughout the deer season. During the season there are two hunts, one in Oct. and the other in Jan., where all the teams come to the same camp and hunt the same area. Aside from those two hunts, the teams are hunting their own turf throughout the season. The winning team, which is decided by internet vote on DruryOutdoors.com, gets something like $25,000 in cash and prizes. Its really cool to see real hunters with real jobs just like everyone else battling for the win. I think I like this show so much because it is so different from all the same old shows where guys are sitting around talking about hunts and shooting big deer at outfitted properties. The Dream Season teams face the same struggles as most hunters often do, which is why I can identify with the show so well.
Old 07-10-2004, 06:37 PM

The thing that bugs me about it though, is they're making it out to be a job almost? It's kind of giving some the wrong impression about hunting for most people. IF these guys aren't killing something they have failed. I don't see it as a positive message that those who oppose hunting may be able to exploit this for their own agenda?
Old 07-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like the drury brothers, the beleive in qdm and hunt on there own farms that each own in illinois. The contest could be argumenative, however i think its entertaining and we shouldnt read to much into it like a woman does when u tell her something,lol. Enjoy the show.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:38 AM

I have enjoyed the Drury Brothers in the past, but now their shows irritate me. They have gone too far into the reality TV direction for my taste. I don't need a bunch of staged conflict to enjoy a hunting show.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

I have seen the show and to be honest I think it was a good idea but when something goes wrong for these hunters the Drury brothers get in there and say what they should have done. For instance, when team Iowa, I think it is, food plot didn't grow becasue it was too dry the Drury brothers acted like they knew that was going to happen. Hindsight is always 20/20. If I could get paid to turn the area where I hunt into a show I think I could definatly do the same job and have excellent results. These show hosts are sometimes put too far up on the pedestal.