Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Dream Season

Old 08-18-2004, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Dream Season

I'm not sure how many of you watch the show Dream Season on the Outdoor Channel. I've really been enjoying the show the past few weeks. I caught the show last night and noticed one team hunting in PA over a Biologic field. Wouldn't this be illegal by state game laws?
Old 08-18-2004, 09:30 PM

Default RE: Dream Season

I think Your right[&:]
Old 08-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

hmmm , i think your right ..... yea i like maliks team tho , the boys from allegheny county!!!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

What's the difference between hunting over a corn field and clover???? PA cant be that insane as to outlaw the planting of clover??
Old 08-19-2004, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Broadhead88

What's the difference between hunting over a corn field and clover???? PA cant be that insane as to outlaw the planting of clover??
I think it's a gray area IMO. You can argue that the corn is not intentionally planted to attract wildlife since it can be used for human or livestock consumption. On the other hand the same cannot be said for a field of BioLogic. Personally I don't think it should be illegal to have BioLogic fields. But I can see where the PGC could interpret that as baiting.

..... yea i like maliks team tho
I like that team too.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is unlawful to, except for normal or accepted farming, habitat management practices, oil and gas drilling, mining, forest management activities or other legitimate commercial or industrial practices, intentionally lay or place food, fruit, hay, grain, chemical, salt or other minerals anywhere in this Commonwealth for the purpose of feeding bear, or to intentionally lay or place food, fruit, hay, grain, chemical, salt or other minerals that may cause bear to congregate or habituate an area. If songbird feeders are being used by bears, the Commission may issue a written notice prohibiting the songbird feeding. This section shall expire October 31, 2004, unless a regulation is promulgated reauthorizing it.

Wouldn't planting Biologic be considered Habitat mangemnt practices?
Old 08-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Food plots are not considered baiting in PA. Now, since the law is confusing and half of you won't believe me anyway, call up your regional office or Harrisburg HQ and ask them. That's why they offer those nifty little 1-800 numbers.