Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 PSE DREAM SEASON >

PSE DREAM SEASON

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

PSE DREAM SEASON

Old 09-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default PSE DREAM SEASON

I have a pse dream season that is only shooting 285. What could make my dream season shot faster, im shooting a easton epic that is 8.7 gpsi. what could make it shot faster. I have a 30 inch draw and its at 72 pounds.how could i make it faster?
Old 09-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Spike

Default RE: PSE DREAM SEASON

HEY MY BUDDY SHOOTS THE SAME BOW YOU HAVE WITH GOLD TIP PROS IM NOT SURE THE GAINAGE OFF HAND BUT HE SHOOTS 316 AT 80 POUND WITH 30 INCH DRAW AND I SHOOT A HOYT KATERA I GET 288 OUT OF IT IM ONLY POULLING 64 PUOUNDS I BELIEVE MIGHT BE A BAD CHRONNY

Old 09-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

could just be the chrono... I know the peep sight tubing and various other things added can slow a string down. You arrows arent hitting anything are they?

My Hoyt Vectrix at 60 pounds(29draw) shoots 268 with a 388(Gold tip XT hunter)grain arrow.. it only shoots 253 with a 420grain one though.

you can go to shorter arrows to help speed, but speed isnt always better.. I like hitting what im shooting at smoothly
Old 09-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

With your weight, arrow and draw length you should be gettting more......that said that is plenty power for hunting!
Old 09-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm shooting just under 260 but then again, I'm shooting a 543 grain arrow. Why would you think that faster is better?
Old 09-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

I'm shooting just under 260 but then again, I'm shooting a 543 grain arrow. Why would you think that faster is better?
Hey Rev just turn on your TV... open a Magazine.... or read half the stuff around here... who would honestly think that it isn't (until you learn, get over it and know better!)

I'm at 473gr and 275fps.... 61#s... I thought those dream seasons were real screamers.... still... 285 is about as fast as I want an arrow to go.... any faster and you won't be able to see it in flight.... I just added tracer nocks to my arrows... which yes takes away some FOC... but they are just too dang cool... and knowing where your arrow hit... and being able to find it, in my opinion... very important.... I don't need 20% FOC to shoot a deer at 12 yards
Old 09-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Hey Rev just turn on your TV... open a Magazine.... or read half the stuff around here... who would honestly think that it isn't (until you learn, get over it and know better!)

I'm at 473gr and 275fps.... 61#s... I thought those dream seasons were real screamers.... still... 285 is about as fast as I want an arrow to go.... any faster and you won't be able to see it in flight.... I just added tracer nocks to my arrows... which yes takes away some FOC... but they are just too dang cool... and knowing where your arrow hit... and being able to find it, in my opinion... very important.... I don't need 20% FOC to shoot a deer at 12 yards
Been there done that. I'm shooting 58 pounds. Last year I was shooting 70 #s and started shooting ASA i had a hard time getting under 300 FPS. so I had Bowtech send me some 60#. I like life now, it so much mo betta.. easy on my old beat up body.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes he is getting plenty enough speed out of his bow and arrow combination to kill bison if he wants to but something is not right and his bow is not performing as it should or the chronograph is bad off. Cams could be out of time ormay not be pulling as much weight as you think, etc...

That arrow should be around the 300+ fps mark.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: killzonearchery

I have a pse dream season that is only shooting 285. What could make my dream season shot faster, im shooting a easton epic that is 8.7 gpsi. what could make it shot faster. I have a 30 inch draw and its at 72 pounds.how could i make it faster?
Whoa... hold up 2.5.... an Easton Epic that is 8.7 gpi is what like a 400? If you have a 30" draw... and your bow is 72#s.... then your spine is BIG BIG BIG TIME weak! That could well be your problem right there... that arrow might as well be over cooked linguine coming off that high powered sling shot. All that energy is being absorbed by the arrow in the form of over flexing. I'm not saying something else isn't wrong... but that definately needs to get addressed before you become a perminant crossbow shooter the hard way.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good catch SC.

KZA, you should be shooting an Epic 300 which weighs 10 gpi.

Quick Reply: PSE DREAM SEASON

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.