Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Slip-shucked City Slickers!

Old 02-20-2002, 12:53 PM

Default RE: Slip-shucked City Slickers!

I don't know friends, let's think about this for a minute. At first glance I would tend to agree, let hunters do it. Then I think about what if it was in my neighborhood? Would I want just anybody to come in and cull the herd. I want to be assured that when the deer start hitting the ground in my 'hood that the person doing it is highly trained and insured. I'm all for hunting, been doing it 25 years, just not sure if I want just anybody hunting in my neighborhood.
I know that some of you will propose using bow only, this is a step in the right direction but I'm still not sure if that would satisfy me.
Ultimately it should be left to the people that live within the community how the herd would be thinned.

Mark in SC
Old 02-20-2002, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

Rem...The hired hunters are using rifles equipped with silencers and topped with nightvision scopes....
The ambushing is taking place on large parcels of land not behind residents garages... This what they voted on, so be it.
Old 02-21-2002, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

One other thought....Will this town possibly change their attitude in the next few years when the deer population again continues to rise? Will they again hire a sharpshooter to thin the herd and spend many, many dollars or allow hunters the opportunity? Maybe if they were aware of how other communities have handeled this situation and how safe and controlled the hunt was...then maybe they would have a different attitude. Obviously it's too late for that decision today.My point here is that this is only a temporary solution and will again be of concern in a few short years.
Old 02-21-2002, 11:23 AM

usa
I believe the problem came to head when a couple of peta idiots totaled there car by hitting one. I believe a big law suit came from or is going to come from it. This just goes to show you the mentality of peta.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:29 AM

Go Taz! I agree!
Old 02-22-2002, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

Another voice from Jersey:

Instead of raising $$ from permit sales, teh liberals in Princeton actually spent $300/deer to kill aobut 300-350 deer. Oh did I mention that these goons were blasting at bucks and does? Talk about stupidity when trying to control the population.

Princeton banned deer hunting about 20 yrs ago and this is the result. Wasted tax dollars! What a shame.