Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!! >

NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-25-2003, 07:55 PM

Default RE: NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Ok you test your scope but are you bullets expanding.
Bet there not and you get just a small hole at the exit point.
Still I'll bet there both down some where.
Old 12-25-2003, 07:58 PM

maybe, but you should have seen the first deer I smacked, it looked like someone had tossed a water ballon full of blood, there was blood all over the tree that had been behind the deer, I know I hit her, I know she has a headache, and I know it probably took a full surigcal team to close her back up.

Its just the brush is so thick... I saw where she was hit, I saw the first pool of blood, I saw her jump into a bush and then....

Gone.
Old 12-25-2003, 08:04 PM

You say thatyou saw her jump then the 2nd one run a few feet.
Did you notice what there tails were doing up or down did they hunch up when you shot them or just drop there belly down?
Old 12-25-2003, 08:20 PM

The first one I shot I sprayed her blood everywhere, I shot and she just actually froze, I cocked my 30-30 again for another shot to put her down and she as gracefully as you can after being shot, jumped into a bush and was gone.

The 2cd one is the wierd one, there were 4 deer, I shot her, her but hit the ground, well, her body "swayed" very hard Ill put it like that, then she ran no more then 20 yards at the most, and she stopped and looked right at me. The rest of the deer FLEW out of there and were gone visually in seconds if that.

I had enough time to take another bullet out of the box, load it into the 30-30, cock the gun, aim and fire, when I fired the 2cd time she kissed the ground, and then she ran, I watched her as far as I could, and about 20 minutes later when I went looking for her, I could hear "something" moving, but could not verify it was here, I went to where I had last seen her, I saw no blood trail at all, I walked up and down the rows of the pines and in and out, spent 4 hours in 5 acres of wodds, she was no where to be seen.
Old 12-25-2003, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Next day, (today) Christmas, I leave the house at about 6am, I get into my truck and turn my lights on, there are 4 deer standing at my mailbox, not EVEN 50 yeards away, I could hit them with a gravel if I tried.

I get out of the truck, I load one bullet, I shoot the largest female,
Are you freakin kidding me?? That sounds like a great hunt . you're a glorified roadhunter and you don't have a clue what you're doing. Get out of your truck and shoot at a deer should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

ALL the other deer are flying out into the woods, she stands there long enough for me to get out another bullet out of the box, load it into my 30-30, and aim and fire again at her.
Reach down on your front seat with your truck door open and grab another bullet?? That's pathetic dude!! Congratulations on a great hunt!! you should be proud. It takes great skill and dexterity to hunt from your truck.

There isnt a person on this board that wouldnt have shot one of those deer at that time sitting 50 yds from their house with gunshots from other hunters going off around the area.
That's just spoken like a true a#$%^*& !! Who do you think you are speaking for everyone on this board?? You're saying everyone here has the same ethics as you do to have the ability to throw your truck into park and rifle off a few shots at a deer because you can see the "outline"??? Dude you're a joke. Speak for yourself because you are nothing of a hunter in my mind. Gunshots going off I better shoot? WTF are you talking about??

Amusing, I just fired off 40 shots at Pepsi bottles from exactly 100 yards.
I missed 6

So why havent' you recovered the deer? I'm sorry the deer (plural)??

[quoteWhy does everyone on here have to preach to people all the time about right and wrong instead of just trying to help the person? ][/quote]

Because it's all about right and wrong and ignaramous' like this makes us/me sick!!!! of course you may be right .........who cares about right or wrong as long as you're having fun and letting lead fly....

Start your preaching now flamers.
Yeah I'm king flamer and you're a complete dickhead!! Not because of your deer story but because of your attitude about it. I could probably tolerate someone in a similar situation as yours that was honestly unaware of the ethics involved in what he/she did.

Anyway roadhunter whatever floats your boat, you won't find any sympathy from me about your deer story. Frankly you make me sick.
Old 12-25-2003, 08:32 PM

Keep looking and I'll bet you find them!
Still it sounds to me that your bullets are not expanding right almost sounds like there expanding late and not doing a lot of damage inside.
If they expanded when they hit the 2nd ribcage it look like a real good hit and good sized exit hole when it realy went straight thru with very little inturnal damage.
Old 12-25-2003, 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Snipped, I hate listening to idiots.

Cool, someone else to ignore.
Old 12-25-2003, 08:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I didn't say you were married and I didn't say you had any kids. The only thing I said was I would not have shot the deer in my yard. You were making a blanket statement concerning everyone on the board and I was pointing out that you were wrong.
The "buck/doe fever" is in reference to hunters that shoot their rifle and they don't really know where the bullet is going, usually from having a case of the shakes. It has nothing to do with the time of season or how many deer you have seen during the season.
Old 12-25-2003, 09:01 PM

I dont have shakes from seeing a deer though mate, no doe fever here trust me, the first one I know for a fact I hit and the second, If I missed it, Ill give all of my guns away.
Old 12-25-2003, 09:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

This fall I shot a mulie doe at about 100yards with my ML, she appeared uneffected by the shot except for a limp and the whack it made. She walked about 15 yards turned back at me and then took a half a step and crumbled. The bullet went between the ribs and took out both lungs. The first deer you should have found if it left a big splatter. Second deer you more than likely missed her on the first shot and connected on attempt number 2. When they drop their nose to the dirt it usually indicates a hit of some sort in the body. If she hunched you punched the guts and she could easily go a long ways. A liver shot same result can occur, it sounds like you bumped her, so I highly doubt you got the lungs or heart if you waited 20 minutes then heard something take off.

The posts of deer fever are warranted, sorry to say. I heard shots, 4 days left in the season, not really knowing where you hit or aimed, etc all are indicators to the pressure on & the fever. I wouldn't have shot the second deer, not with the sign you found from the first. I also would never shoot a deer with headlights or just outline, that would be illegal in my area and if I couldn't make out the features and determine a deer with natural light, than simply it is too dark and not appropriate. I can only speak for myself when saying this and to me it is illegal and unethical.

Getting wrapped up in the moment is no excuse for making the wrong decision. What happens if a hunter, house or vehicle is a behind a deer? You must be safe and have control, lets not forget your dealing with a potentially dangerous weapon here guys. This goes to bending the rules of legal time, etc. To me ethics are personal but I certainly wouldn't condone some of the behaviour exhibited in this post. As such when you ask my opinions you must be willing to accept my preaching I never said you had to agree!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.