Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!! >

NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-25-2003, 07:24 PM

Default RE: NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

i'd have to say, id definately be mad, and you did the right thing, looking for her for hours, but theres always the chance that maybe you didnt hit her in her vitals, coulda been and inch or two off and just injured her.. she could run a good 200 or 300 yards, but still... no reason for no blood trail.. that is odd.
-Billy
Old 12-25-2003, 07:24 PM

Ah crap why doesnt ignore work?

Anyway, the globe is round, your in winter, your pole is farther away from the sun then the equator, hence your sunrise is later then ours.

Didnt you learn that in science? Cmon now man heh you know that right?
Old 12-25-2003, 07:26 PM

Planning on going out early and looking for her again today, Im hoping that it'll still be okay to load her up and bring her home, Id hate to think I just fed every skunk and raccoon for miles [:@]
Old 12-25-2003, 07:28 PM

i dont know where youre from, but in VA, the sun rises as early as 4:48am. the records show at the VA Dept of inland fishery and game website. they have a whole listing of when the sun rises and sets for the hunters to know what time to get up in the morning. not trying to start trouble, just setting the facts straight.
-Billy
Old 12-25-2003, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yea just so you know, I was born in Scranton PA, and you should know that your sunrise is about 30 minutes behind ours if not longer, its called the globe, learn it, it works wonders.
If you are on the coast, you are 15-20 minutes tops ahead of where I am. Still way short of dawn.

Not trying to bully anyone. You just aren`t making sense in your posts.

I can`t imagine a 47 year old man who has been in the military having this kind of a problem with a rifle, or shooting a deer at 50 yds.

I do hope ya find her though.
Old 12-25-2003, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank`s for the info Billy. I think if you look again at that chart, you will see that the earliest time you saw occured around june 21st. It sure does not rise anywhere near that early 2 or 3 days after the shortest day of the year.
Old 12-25-2003, 07:34 PM

Honestly Big Country, I know your smarter then this, look up the earths rotation during winter.

I dont have a problem shooting a deer at 50 yds thats what Im saying, reread the first post in this entire thread, then answer to the best of your judgement.

No flaming neccessary, just hey, maybe you have seen deer stop after theyve been shot, or maybe you know for a fact that means I missed.

Who knows, How far can a deer run whose been shot in the vitals or gut. I would think I shot her in the vitals, as the first deer I smacked left a major splash of blood on the ground but then as I said, nothing. And I looked man, I really did, you have no clue, trust me, It was a real let down today to tell friends that I still couldnt find the deer I had shot.
Old 12-25-2003, 07:45 PM

yes i know, i was just merely stating the fact that it does rise earlier that 6am, now that i see youre from PA, i realize that you know this and you pretty much have the same sunrise as me, so you know how it goes. but it also says you can hunt 30 minutes before sunrise, which today the sunrise was 7:22am so you really can hunt at 6:52. i know this isnt quite 6:00, but he probably didnt realize this when he was out there, and he probably just gave an estimate time of when he was out there. i know when im out there and i see a deer and my adrenaline is pumping and my heart sounds like a helicopter flying by, i usually dont drop my gun and say "hmm, i wonder what time it is...". you just gotta take this in mind and not start reeming him for it. you knew what he meant, "it was early, the sun just rose". i am not trying to be a dick or in any way make you mad. just trying to state my opinion i guess.
-Billy
Old 12-25-2003, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who knows, How far can a deer run whose been shot in the vitals or gut. I would think I shot her in the vitals,
With a gun, there are way too many variables for me to say. I have not rifle huntes for nearly 20 years. But I sure killed a ton of critters with them prior to then.

Depending on the type of bullet you are using, the animal could go right down, or run quite a ways.

With very rare exception, the critters I shot with rifles hit the deck at the point of impact. But I could load up some 7mag rounds with say..some 162gr BTSP`s and a big powder charge and pump one right through both front shoulders and it would never mushroom.

If you hit the deer through the lungs(both of `em)it should never make it 100 yards. Through the guts....literally miles if you pushed her.

Liver shot....they are funny. I have seen liver only shot deer go down inside of 50 yards. And I have seen them go for hours. Go figure.

My best advise when using a rifle, if you can`t get one through both lungs....drill `em in the near shoulder bone. It will frag through lungs and heart, and the deer will drop right there.
Old 12-25-2003, 07:53 PM

170 grain Lokt Tite soft point.

30-30 Marlin

at 50 yards, it should have spun that deer around in a 720.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.