Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!! >

NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-26-2003, 07:38 PM

Default RE: NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed Stump...

BigBoo= BigBung!!! (I'd be surprised if that one stays without being edited by the moderators!) []
Guys like BigBoo give hunters a bad name and I'm not going to read their sorry posts and move on without saying something.
Hey BigBoo- Go to the range, sight your gun in, and kill deer instead of just shooting at them and wondering what the ^&*% happened!
Old 12-26-2003, 09:57 PM

BigBoo's gun shoots just fine, shot an 8 point today, will have pictuires very soon, free hand shot it, measured it, 173 yards and 2 feet to be exact, with a 30/30

Nothing wrong with Boo's gun at all.
Old 12-26-2003, 10:09 PM

Next day, (today) Christmas, I leave the house at about 6am, I get into my truck and turn my lights on, there are 4 deer standing at my mailbox, not EVEN 50 yeards away, I could hit them with a gravel if I tried.
Lets say that you were off on the time. I'll give you that. I don't agree with shooting at dark shapes either. Does your state have spotlighting laws?
Most peoples' mailboxes are on roads. I hope that you weren't shooting across the road.
This is how socalled accidents happen.
If you don't want ragged on, you have to think before you post.
I can't help with tracking advice.
If your state allows many kills, I don't see anything wrong with shooting another animal. I am sorry to hear about the lost animals.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:49 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

Well I'm hoping to see an update that says you found at least one of the deer. I would focus first on the one near home since it's going to be the easiest to find.(don't have to drive to it) do a grid search then a circle search. I know it isn't easy but it's definately worth it when you find your deer. Then I'd go back out to where you shot the first one and do a search for that one. if nothing else, you learn the land better. Even if it's your land, it's still time spent out on the land. Good luck to you.

David
Old 12-27-2003, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigBoo

BigBoo's gun shoots just fine, shot an 8 point today, will have pictuires very soon, free hand shot it, measured it, 173 yards and 2 feet to be exact, with a 30/30

Nothing wrong with Boo's gun at all.

Can we then assume that since the gun is fine, and the shooter is fine....the does not found were a result of trying to shoot in the dark?
Old 12-27-2003, 11:03 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

Ok...I'm going to have to be the voice of reason here. I didn't say anything about the mailbox part but I thought it. Yeah that sounds like a problem. 6 am...well at 6 am here it's still dark. But as far as shooting from next to your truck.....hey if you are on your own land, fire away. I live in a neighborhood with lots of houses but everyone has at least an acre of land. some have 15+. I've taken one deer with a bow behind my house and if I saw one during legal shooting time I might use my shotgun to take it. Might. He at least had the courage to list the conditions of the hunt knowing there would be many who would find fault with it. I'm still waiting to hear about him going back out to find those deer. They are both down and dead.

David
Old 12-27-2003, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

This has got to be a joke. I cant imagine someone with as much hunting experience
as Boo says he has shooting at a deer at 6:00am and then trying to tell
us the sun was "up".
If this is true, then Boo is a poacher, period.

I`m not one to bash anybody, but this guy is a loser.[:@]
Old 12-27-2003, 01:45 PM

I just hope when he shot his buck it was incidental and that it happened while he was searching for his downed animals. Otherwise it doesn't speak well for his character. Just my opinion.
Old 12-27-2003, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

You shot an 8 point at 173yds with a 30-30? Sounds to me you may have shot high on the other deer. Somethings definitely wrong here. You say you shot at pepsi cans and only missed 6 out of 40 shots. You can punch paper or plink as much as you want and still not shoot well at game. I know this for a fact. There are a couple of things that bother me about this thread........ 1 is most mailboxes are next to the road and you may not have been hunting from a road and you may have been the legal distance from the road but you shot towards the road. (Good thing your hunting buddy wasn't coming up the road) 2. It sounds to me like you need to take a seditive of some kind. When you squeeze a trigger, you need to know more than there's going to be a loud bang afterward. 3. I won't even go there on the time of day.

I don't agaree with hunters bashing hunters, but I don't agree with poachers being called hunters!!!!!! You are obviously over the age to be required to attend a Hunters Ed course, but you may find it interesting, informative, and helpful. Also, I too expect better from a Vet. Identify personal weakness yourself........it will hurt less when others point them out. And I don't mind if you click the ignore button after reading this.
Old 12-28-2003, 01:05 AM

wasnt going to say anymore BUT, even here in VT it was dark @ 6:00, shadows were still only blobs nothing visible, sooo......enough said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.