Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What is your deer hunting gear/Methods? >

What is your deer hunting gear/Methods?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What is your deer hunting gear/Methods?

Old 12-18-2003, 02:06 AM

Default What is your deer hunting gear/Methods?

What is everything that you people use for deer hunting? Rifles, Camo, Guns, Pistols, Packs, Tree stands, Buck piss, attractants, methods, scrape mocking, drag rags, Etc. Your gear, all the way down to the boots, And your methods.
Old 12-18-2003, 04:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What is your deer hunting gear/Methods?

Mossy where do you live in Spotsy? You could give me a buzz if you wanted and I could tell you over the phone rather than typing out a list. Email me at [email protected]
Old 12-18-2003, 05:48 AM

Sub-division called Holleybrooke, off of smithstation/piedmont (depends on which direction you go) which is near Chancellor High. You?

Oh man it's good to find someone that lives in the area. I have so many questions as to before when i was a kid i hunted with my brother in King George and well, Now we live in Spotsylvania and i know of no places, I know there is some, I just gotta find em. Have any good places to hunt around here without the lengthy drive?
Old 12-18-2003, 06:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

LOL Mossy that is to funny, I got your email and when I replied I asked where you live! Well now I know, you live less than a mile and a half from me. Right now I only have one place to gun hunt, and like all of my bowhunting properties it seems to work out that the folks only let one person hunt their place at a time. If you want to maybe this coming spring/summer we can see if we can find some places both of us can hunt. The place I gun hunt is only 6 miles from my house, I already killed a 7 pointer over there. I have a place I bow hunt that is about 12 miles from my place. Eamil me again if you would like my home phone.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:32 AM

Sounds like a good deal man, But first i'm waiting for my broken leg to knit up and heal.. I don't expect it to be all the way through the year before it will heal, but, If i need the metal rods in my tibula like my orthopedist is saying, it just may be that long. I'll email you my phone number, That would be cool. I was thinking about hunting around greentop (Cumberland park or whatever that place is called.. I know it's a nice drive there though) But i'm not too sure. That would be a good deal if you could show me around because i'm pretty new to deer hunting besides hunts with my brother in KG when i was like.. 8. I've seen deer when i had my .22, squirrel hunting in KG at a friend's place, but, Ya know. sounds like a good deal man. I'll be getting a slug gun later on in the year too, so that's what i'll be using until i get enough money to get a rem 700 with leupold scope. I'm only 16, i'll be getting my license soon, But, yet again, can't drive due to a full leg cast. Obviously there's probably a good age gap here, Hope you don't mind.