Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 anybody live on border of your state?? >

anybody live on border of your state??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

anybody live on border of your state??

Old 12-15-2003, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anybody live on border of your state??

I hunt VA and live 5 minutes from NC. Planning on leasing some land in NC to hunt with 3 other hunters.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:13 PM

i live 5 min. from mn and about 25 30 min from iowa, i havent hunted out of state except for in nd and that was for pheasants on our family land, i might try deer hunting on family land in ND next yr though.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:49 PM

I live right on the WV and VA border. If you were to walk about 30 yards out of my front door you would have crossed into WV

Haven't hunted in WV yet, just don't wany to pay the $100+ for a non-resident hunting license when I can hunt for free (no license required) on my own property.

TC
Old 12-15-2003, 10:58 PM

10 minutes from the Texas border. Leaving in the morning to hunt there. I cna't wait.
Old 12-16-2003, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

I live in southern indiana, 20 minutes from the kentucky border. My family owns land in Indiana, I have been hunting in Indiana for about 13 years. I started hunting in Kentucky also this year. I have seen more bigger bucks in Kentucky, but took a real nice 8-pointer in Indiana with my bow this year.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

How do all of you Easterners find land to hunt in neighboring states? A lot of your posts seem to be of shrinking land and to many hunters on public land?0
Old 12-16-2003, 09:52 AM

I can see the state of Kansas from my front porch, and about a 1/4 mile away from the Missouri River that seperates Missouri from Kansas. I have been fishing several times in Kansas, but have yet to hunt there.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:04 AM

its not real hard to find land here in pennsylvania to hunt on, especially in the rural areas. much of it is either farmland, state game lands, or national forest. the problem is around my way is that big city guys want thousands of acres all for themselves. they will post it and hunt MAYBE once a year. i think it's criminal. and no, it's not for quality deer management, it's just being selfish.