Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

RECORDS RECORDS RECORDS

Old 12-17-2003, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: RECORDS RECORDS RECORDS

Oh now you remember the deer and the particulars...yeah right!!!!!

Funny how my sources don't stack up to your sources, funny how you know so much about a deer that was shot only minutes from my camp and well enough ......you are pathetic!!!

You need to get over yourself and find a new place to nest...rare bird Please fly back to the hole you just crawled out of, yes it is right next to your GASIF[8D]
Old 12-17-2003, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

I was skeptical of Rompola's buck also, but I read an article about the Rompola update (in NAH in beleive) about the columnist who saw the Rompola video the next day (where he walks up to it...videoing the whole thing), and saw the kill scene. He claims there is nothing fishy at all...just the "PROS" who KILL DEER IN FENCES, on game farms claiming its a fake....go figure. He also signed a contract while joining a club(anti P&Y????) in Michigan where he can NEVER enter a buck in B&C or P&Y as long as he lives (something to that sort...I was confused on this, but the article showed his sig. and the "contract" from the early 90s or late 80s...something I never knew). Another note, he has an amazing number of bucks that EASILY make either BC or PY, his wall is like nothing I have seen...but never entered 1 of them in the record books, only entered a few when he was younger b4 the "contract." The author of the article also says he saw live footage of the deer...something I never knew b4 either. I am a true beleiver!
Old 12-17-2003, 04:32 PM
Banned

OnehornJimmy the author of that column, Richard P. Smith was also trying to pump up sales for his latest book, Great Michigan Deer Tales where and I quote "This book contains what may be the greatest deer tale of all time. The first two chapters provide in-depth coverage of the Mitch Rompola buck, a typical 12-point taken with bow and arrow during 1998 that scores more than the current world record. There's new information about the hunter and the deer that have never before been published." What better way to try and boost sales than by including this piece of tripe "with new information". Richard Smith also claims Rompola took a 9 pointer since then that netted 191. Do the math folks. An basic 8 pointer netting 191...I don't think so.

Oh yes and wrt Mr. Smith is he not aware of the contract Rompola signed? If not he will be. Here's the Agreement or part of it at least "Mr Rompola and his associates will refer to his deer only as the Romopla Buck. No reference will be made to it in the future as "the world record", or "the world's largest typical" or potential world record" nor listing 216 5/8th's as its score. Geez Richard. loks like you're in violation. well it gives me something to do tomorrow. "Hello..... Arkansas Seed Company"?
Old 12-17-2003, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

White Raven, if you do a little research on big eight pointers you will find that Vic Bulliner took an eight FROM MICHIGAN that scored 183 and some change.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:57 PM
Banned

James I'm aware they're are 8 pointers out there that score well.And I've seen 180's. Vic Bulliner's score of 184 1/8th was the gross score btw and what a deer it is. Truly awesome. But come on now...191? Net? Think about it, just for a minute. That's all I ask.
Old 12-17-2003, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bulliner's buck's final score was 183 and change. I dont' see why there can't be a 191.
Old 12-17-2003, 05:49 PM

I also agree. It wouldnt suprise me if there was a 200 class 8 point running around somewhere. JMO
Old 12-17-2003, 06:18 PM

onehornjimmy
I do believe, that he cant enter it into the records unless a bigger buck is killed, thats what i read in the article in Deer and Deer Hunting.