Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 tree stands and hunting partners?? >

tree stands and hunting partners??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

tree stands and hunting partners??

Old 12-12-2003, 10:47 PM

Default tree stands and hunting partners??

i need some input on how to hunt with a partner and use a treestand.
where i hunt, you can only use temporary tree stands. now that my wife has finally shot her first deer, i feel that she is ready to hunt on her own. i never purchased a tree stand because we always sat together. well now that she's finally ready to venture out on her own, my son will be old enouph to hunt next deer season. is there a tree stand built for two, or is there a way to have tree stands close enouph to give instructions without spooking the deer?? my wife is too inexperienced to teach a first time hunter....or is she??
Old 12-12-2003, 11:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: tree stands and hunting partners??

Depends on the size and density of trees you could either have 2 hangs in the same tree or very close in seperate trees. My buddy and I sat together this spring hoping to video a bear being arrowed and were so close we could hold hands almost(2 seperate trees). Another option would be FRS with ear buds, if the area doesn't let you get close enough. Many FRS have voice activation and are a reasonable investment. We use this set up when calling elk and moose..it works marvelous(as long as your within range..in this case I don't see a problem).

Just some suggestion for yeah, good luck to the whole family...BTW it is great to see it is becoming a family sport...cudos!!!!
Old 12-13-2003, 07:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: tree stands and hunting partners??

You should be able to find well made aluminum 16' ladder stands that are made for two people for about $160. Just get a bundle of camo burlap and some zip ties to finish it off.