Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best Deer Recipes!!!

Old 02-07-2004, 06:27 PM

Default RE: I need a recipe for deer steaks

what about roasts? Anyone have some good reciped for roasts?
Old 02-07-2004, 07:00 PM

1 can beef broth, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, some worcheshire sauce, corn, potatoes, lots of mushrooms, and any other veggie you like, put it in the crock-pot for 3-4 hours and you will be riding the fastest train to taste-bud heaven!
Old 02-07-2004, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

I use this recipe on deer shoulders and you can pull the meat off the bone and cut it with a fork.

Take a deer shoulder and trim as much of the fat off as possible. Cut the foreleg off.
Put in a 2" deep square cake pan. I usually line mine with aluminum foil.
Wash 4 to 6 med size potatoes and cut them in chunks with the skin still on them and place around the shoulder.
Sprinkle entire shoulder with cajun seasoning or garlic powder and season salt. (Depends on who's eating. Spicey)
Slice 1 to 2 onions and cover entire dish of meat and potatoes.
Pour water in until it almost covers the potatoes. Or beer.
Cover with aluminum foil and stick in the oven or grill at 375 for about an hour an 1/2.

Make sure the aluminum foil is sealed up tight. Once the roast is done, you can make some very good gravy from the juices that will be left in the pan. You can also add carrots and jalepenoes for flavor. The meat won't be that hot, but the potatoes and carrots will set you on fire. I've been doing shoulders this way for about 7 years or so and I have yet to have one turn out bad or tough. You can play with this recipe in a lot of ways depending on your tastes.

BTW.....have you tried any of the other recipes I gave you yet? I'd like to know how you liked them. GB
Old 02-07-2004, 09:53 PM

I can honestly say that my mouth is in a full on lather over these recipies.

This aint much, but it's quick and dirty and my wife absolutely loves it. She thinks it's stupid the way I carry on about deer hunting, but you ought to see her wolf them steaks down.

Pound out steaks and lightly dredge in flour.
Dip in beaten egg.
Coat with Contadina (no other brand) italian bread crumbs.
Fry'em, salt to taste, and eat'em.

I've never seen anybody that didn't rave about'em.

Boldt
Old 02-08-2004, 12:19 AM

Gobbling buck, you have given the most and some of the best ideas so far! I have tried using pop, and beer to marinate. I really like trying D.Pepper as a marinade. It doesn't take away from the great venison flavor.

I am going to make a roast tomorrow, and you idea sounded great. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks everyone,
Idaho
Old 02-08-2004, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why isn't this posted in the cooking forum.? You would probably get more replies.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:14 PM

no i would get less. We already have 2 pages full of recipes. I tried posting in the cooking forum and got like 5.

This is only for deer, so it makes sense to post it in the "deer" hunting forum.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:27 AM

This is one of my favorites--

fist I take a hind quarter and smoke it.

then I take a good ham recipe and cook it. If you've never had smoked bone-in deer ham your missing it.

My other fav is--

take some steakes and cook them in my -RONCO-rotiserrie(sp) grill. I will a little BBQ on it while its cooking.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-09-2004, 08:03 PM

Default RE: Best Deer Recipes!!!

chop the backstrap into chunks, roll em in flour, and throw em in the deep fryer for a few minutes. can't get any better than that.

Quick Reply: Best Deer Recipes!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.