Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best Deer Recipes!!!

Old 01-05-2004, 07:25 PM

Default RE: I need a recipe for deer steaks

Marinate in olive oil, worschershire, teriyaki, season salt, chili pepper, and garlic powder then grill 'em and you have the best steaks in the world!
Old 01-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Typical Buck

I swore I'd keep this one a secret, but it's too good not to share.

1 cup soy sauce
1 cup worchester
Cover rest of meat with Dr Pepper

Stir the marinade and let it set in the fridge for at least an hour. Longer if you'd like. Pour out marinade. Sprinkle steaks with garlic salt to taste. Get your grill hot and throw them on. Approx 3 min on each side and enjoy. This marinade works great on a boston butt deboned and cut into steaks as well.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Typical Buck

Brush Buster..... have you tried it yet? I'm getting hungry thinking about it.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Fork Horn

right on gobblin buck, i going to have ta get out the recipe book and start writing, the little woman will wonder where all the venison recipes came from...
Old 01-06-2004, 01:44 PM

I'm thinking about the blackened venison backstrap.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:19 PM

gobbling buck, that recipe sounds great. i am going to try it soon.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

There are a bunch of these that sound good. (I wish they had a smiley of fat, dumb, and happy) I also like doing kabobs on the grill with venison. Marinate the venison cubes in sprite or coke then sprinkle with your favorite cajun seasoning. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I know a lot of people that don't want to mask the flavor of the meat..........nor do I. These marinades enhance the flavor and will aid in tenderizing the meat. I promise.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:45 AM

Yep, the beer isn't a bad thing with the deer.

last deer season at our camp a friend that was going to cook some of the deer meat he killed that morning mixed: milk, a can of beer (Bud Light), two eggs, some seasoning like cavenders, and let the meat soak for about twenty minutes. (I was thinking this won't be fit to eat) After he rolled it in flour I made him let it sit for a few more minutes before frying so the flour would stay on the meat.

It was GOOD. Wait, it was REAL GOOD. Don't knock it till you try it.

We both learned something that day, beer goes with deer, and he learned to keep his flour on his deer while it cooked.
Old 01-07-2004, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Put those babies in a bowl with 1 bottle of Kraft Zesty Italian sauce and 1pk of Lipton Beef Onion soup mix and put them in the fridge for about 2 hours to marinate and then take them out and slap them on the grill. Cook them until they're done but don't overcook. Very delicious!!
Old 01-17-2004, 09:22 PM

sounds good. I am going to try the hamburger, that i made from scrapes, tonight. does anyone else grind their own deer burger?

Quick Reply: Best Deer Recipes!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.