HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Best Deer Recipes!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/45357-best-deer-recipes.html)

Idaho hunter 58 12-05-2003 05:23 PM

Best Deer Recipes!!!

Ok list your favorite Recipes:
Steaks, Hamburgers, Roasts.
How do you like them, and what do you use to cook them???

Idaho

bobcat 10 12-05-2003 05:27 PM

RE: I need a recipe for deer steaks

salt,pepper,worshire juice,meat tendilizer,unions,butter,.good cooking.

go deep hunt hard.;)

slippery 12-05-2003 05:56 PM

brown in hot oil, cover with water, simmer 1/2 hour, add a packet of lipton onion soup mix, turn down and let cook till water is gone and soup mix is kind of thick. melts in your mouth

brush buster 12-05-2003 07:06 PM

I just put some oleo in the old number 9 iron skillet and simmer till it quits bleeding, very important uses med heat dont burn the season to taste mmmmmm good:):):):)this guy was the tenderist deer i ever had

BANG! 12-05-2003 07:52 PM

dont ruin that awesome flavor with a bunch of garbage.
trim off the fat and bones, sprinkle a little bit of "hys" seasoning salt and a little garlic, rub it into the meat and barbq on medium heat. dont over cook. i like mine medium rare. cook them like this and you will still enjoy that wonderful venison taste instead of masking it with someones secret sauce.;)

Ballistictip 12-05-2003 08:56 PM

Well, this is probably too late for tonight but you can try it next time. Mix up some Good Seasons italian dressing. It's the kind that comes in a pouch and you mix it with oil, water, and vinegar. Just make sure you reverse the amounts called for on the oil and water. Put the steaks in a zip-loc bag and pour in the bottle of dressing. Let it marinate over night and throw it on the grill. Cook until it's still a little pink in the middle.

Idaho hunter 58 12-05-2003 10:01 PM

I will definitly have to try those recipes. Tonight I coated the steaks with eggs/flower/ seasonings. Then i cooked for like 7 min on the skillet. It was some of the best steak i have ever had... I never knew anything could taste this good :-) I will try those other recipes this weekend. THANKS!

skeeter 7MM 12-05-2003 10:30 PM

One my favs is season with sea salt, pepper, some cajun spice, then slice the meat tp place a sliver of garlic in the meat, wrap in bacon on the outside edge, place them on the skewer just to hold the bacon and cook on the barbie about 5-7 mins a side on med heat - should be rare (med-rare at most). It melts in your mouth & while the bacon does give it some moisture and smoke flavour it doesn't taste like bacon or over power the vension flavour. I have never had anybody refuse seconds and it is so simple.

Rangerider 12-20-2003 06:56 PM

Take deer steak, cover w/cracked black pepper, give generous splashing with worcestershire then cover w/house italian dressing. Marinate in fridge for a couple hours. Put steaks in foil and drizzle marinade over top and add chopped onions. Wrap up like you would a roast and cook at 350 for 2 hours. You'll know something goods cooking from the smell in kitchen. Comes out mighty tender and tasty.

121553 12-20-2003 08:16 PM

One of my favorites is marinating in evaporated milk over night, then pound/piclke and then salt/pepper and bread with flour and fry in olive oil or grease, cook it like you would a steak, rare, medium or well, this recipe taste so gooooooooood, it'll make ya want to slap your grandma, ;) Bobby