Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Killer Buck

Old 12-04-2003, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Killer Buck

I hunted in NW Ontario this past November. It is legal to use dogs there from what I am told. My guide did not use dogs nor do I condone the practice. My guides friend does use blueticks and was hunting a few miles from where we were. As he was setting up for a drive after posting his hunters he went to an area where two streams converge. As he was driving his atv with the dogs out ing front a huge buck (the biggest he has ever seen he said) jumped out and over him. The dogs took up the chase and the buck started across the stream. As the buck got to the bank he turned to greet the first dog with a series of thrashes with his hoofs. With that dog floating lifelessly the deer swam out to the second dog and beat it to death. A third dog was also beaten seriously. The guide unarmed was helpless but vowed to keep after the deer with his remaining dogs till he got the offending brute. When I left I had still not heard if anyone had gotten the monster...............dabow
Old 12-04-2003, 06:43 PM

Default RE: Killer Buck

yikes, thats a bad deal there. did the dogs end up dieing or are they just in really bad shape?
Old 12-04-2003, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know the first two dogs were dead and the third was in bad shape. Don't know if he pulled through or not. Guess those deer are used to dealing with wolves and know how to deal with them.........dabow
Old 12-04-2003, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

we had a buck attack a dog here a few years back... a buck also attacked several firefighters here who was trying to rescue him after he fell into a dam and couldn't get out... his hoolves slashed right through a rubber boot... eventually they called encon out with a dart gun and hooked a rope over his neck and dragged him out... gave the firemen a good 3 hour battle though
Old 12-04-2003, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pay backs a b i itch.Sounds like one mean buck.Swam out and killed the dog,that dudes bad.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:38 PM

thats no good about the two dogs dieing, i guess they do know how to take care of wolves