Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UV Killer

Old 06-06-2006, 06:30 PM

Default UV Killer

Okay, so I asked this another post today but didn't get an answer right away so I thought I'd ask again. Patience should be a virtue but isn't today.

Say I used a regular laundry detergent on some of my hunting clothes and wanted to get the UV gunk out. So I wash the clothes with baking soda and then hose them down with the UV Killer.

My question is, did that get rid of the UV gunk for good if I just use baking soda or special detergents without UV gunk from here out? Or do I need to hose down the clothes with UV killer everytime I wash them from now on?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: UV Killer

I've heard some detergents are made w/o uv brighteners but which ones?
Old 06-07-2006, 11:32 AM

I would have to imagine just about any one sold through a sportings good shop to help remove scent. But I could be wrong on that one.

I did a search on the web and found that most of these UV Killers say that when you apply it, it effectively removes any UV "gunk," not covers it up. So I will assume that all you need is one application of the UV Killer and then to make sure you don't wash the clothes in any detergent with UV brightners after that and you're good to go.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:20 PM

I use scent killer brand detergent and I found in that process that almost any brand that has a uv killing or non brightining detergent makes it known. Normally on the front sticker.