Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

uv killer

Old 08-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default uv killer

how many of you will be using a uv killer on your clothes. saw it on the outdoor channel and have been thinking about using it. i bought two new sets of camo. one for warm weather one for cold. so i am worried about weather it has uv dye in it
Old 08-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: uv killer

also if you will be using it will you use it once then use the normal hunting soap. or will you us the uv killer everytime you wash.
here is a link if you have not seen it
http://www.atsko.com/products/uv-protection/u-v-killer.html
Old 08-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be. Can't hurt. I know my predator is made with non UV materrials but the cheap rain camo I'm sure isn't'
Old 08-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

go get black light lightbulb first. if any glows get it if not then don't worry about it.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have never used a UV killer, but I am thinking about using one this year.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

i saw the company has a kit with a light and the uv killer i was going to ask if that was just a black light.
ORIGINAL: grneyemonstr

go get black light lightbulb first. if any glows get it if not then don't worry about it.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

i talked to the guy at a hunting show in michigan and he tried to pass that kit on and blah blah blah it is so important to buy this kit. they had a nice display set up and at the end he stated that it was just a blacklight light bulb and if i wanted to go get one i could ge the product over the internet. well i got one and a few things glowed so i bought the soap and killer at a large chain store end of last season discounted 75% and i used it last week on my packs and a few shirts. they dont glow anymore. not saying i buy that deer see uv or that it is neccessary im just saying they dont glow anymore.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

good to hear someone tried it
ORIGINAL: grneyemonstr

i talked to the guy at a hunting show in michigan and he tried to pass that kit on and blah blah blah it is so important to buy this kit. they had a nice display set up and at the end he stated that it was just a blacklight light bulb and if i wanted to go get one i could ge the product over the internet. well i got one and a few things glowed so i bought the soap and killer at a large chain store end of last season discounted 75% and i used it last week on my packs and a few shirts. they dont glow anymore. not saying i buy that deer see uv or that it is neccessary im just saying they dont glow anymore.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Gimmicky stuff, IMO. I boughta "kit" of UV killer almost 20 years ago. I don't know if it killed any UV or not, but it sure made my treestand shiny. I actually "found" it this spring, when we were packing up to move into a new house. I tossed it of course, and wondered how much I had wasted on it.