Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Smoking & Hunting??

Old 11-26-2003, 01:26 PM

Default RE: Smoking & Hunting??

Personally I dont do drugs and hunt. I also am not self righteous. The calming effect alot of people get from drugs may be a part of the reason for you and your friends results. I would also like to think that you take enough time in the woods to pick a good spot in the first place. I smoke cigarettes when gun season is in and I have had no deer pay it anymind at all. I personally dont think the smell of the dope has anything to do with it, but of course they tend to be curious. I would prefer of course for you not to be high in the woods, but I aint gonna try to preach to you. You as an adult have your own rights and beliefs. I am just here to try to answer your question. Hope this helps.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:41 PM
Spike

I hear that stuff affects your brain.
I wonder if he could spell patience before he smoked it up?
Old 11-27-2003, 09:05 AM

Nice one sparky! Well the pot may not spook em but that bag of Fritos an hour later may affect your hunt! Stoners, geesh but at least he was honest.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

note in his post he said FORMER...so ease up on him he saw the error of his ways.....
Old 11-27-2003, 10:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

This is remarkable!! I can' t believe some of the crap people defend others on on this board. Are you kidding me or what?? The guys not even asking if smoking dope is ok while hunting. He doesn' t care about that. He' s worried about the smell. You need a different sport if you need to smoke to get you through a hunt. Do me a favor and get the *&%$ out of the woods!!! Pathetic.
Old 11-27-2003, 01:30 PM

DOING DRUGS WITH A GUN IN YOUR HAND ?????????? I HOPE THIS GETS KILLED BEFORE OUR ANTIS SEE THIS POST.
I CAN' T UNDER STAND WHY ANYBODE WOULD EVEN POST THIS AND YES I' M PI$$ED.
Old 11-27-2003, 03:45 PM

Hey, the word FORMER should say enough, im not repling to get people pithed off, but a few years ago i was out checking out some areas to hunt,--NO WEAPONS- in hand or on person for that matter, other then a knife that always goes with me, i decided to sit down and have a ' smoke' - i had a doe come into the smell, right up to my boot, as i was sitting under a big pine tree. never spooked even after i let her know i was there, she just mozyied off. so i dont think the smell bothers them- Yes i know its illegal but, thats a story not for this forum.
Old 11-27-2003, 04:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

congrats
Old 11-27-2003, 05:01 PM

im sorry if I offend someone, but in my opinion nobody with impaired judgement belongs in the woods with any firearm.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

First off I dont do drugs or smoke pot. But I bet half you preachers are on some type of anti-depressant Huh ? But thats ok cause it' s prescribed huh? You guys crack me up.

Quick Reply: Smoking & Hunting??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.