Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Smoking & Hunting??

Old 11-26-2003, 09:49 AM

Default Smoking & Hunting??

i am a FORMER pot smoker. i used to smoke a lot of pot in the woods while hunting. it was a whole different experience as far the patients i had then. i could sit in the woods for hours upon hours. killed a lot of deer that way. i was told that they like the smell of marjuina. i' ve hunted with guys who smoke and they get a deer every year. do you guys think it is the patients or the smell??
Old 11-26-2003, 09:52 AM

Default RE: Smoking & Hunting??

Using drugs doesn' t deserve a reply!

Greg
Old 11-26-2003, 09:53 AM

You hunt stoned?[:' (]
Old 11-26-2003, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys , this is not uncommon at all , I beleive alot of us would be surprised how many use drugs before/while hunting. Its just not something that everyone talks about. Personaly I don not use drugs at all but know a quite a number that do and hunt. T.L .B .S , has came forward and told us he is one, but he is not the only one.

As far as smoking , I heard of a moose kill this fall that a fella had to set down a smoke to make the kill shot.

Now TLBS maybe you could exsplain what one see' s and reacts to game when one uses/smokes drugs ? this may help out the thoughts of us guys that have no idea about this...BT
Old 11-26-2003, 10:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Is this a serious post?????????????????? God help us all if it is!!
Old 11-26-2003, 10:18 AM

Let me see if I understand this, we want to talk about how it feels to be stoned and shoot a gun or a bow? We want to talk about respect for an animal but we have none for ourselves? We want to talk about cover scent and using an illegal drug is now one of them? I just don' t get it.

I know a lot of people use drugs, lord knows I help many high school kids with this addiction every year. I know hunters drink in the woods but that doesn' t make it right. I once had access to 600 + acres of prime land in NJ. Big bucks were shot off there regularly. I never hunted there because the owner proudly showed me how he marked his way to him favorite stand with bud cans. It is bad enough I have to worry about slobs and worse shooting my butt as I walk to my stand. Now I have to worry about them doing drugs on top of being trigger happy!

What you do in your livingroom is your business. What you do when you have a gun or a bow in your hand is all of our business. If I knew someone was using drugs and hunting, I' d turn them in as soon as I found out. I' d try to get them caught witht e drugs also.

It is simple...drugs are illegal!

Just my opinion.

Greg
Old 11-26-2003, 10:30 AM

BoyScout, You opened up a Big Can Of Stinking Worms on that question!!!
Old 11-26-2003, 11:30 AM

Don' t knock it if you aint tried it! Some of you boys are so self righteous it' s funny. Come on down off your highhorses! Is this a web site of our peers? Real people that hunt or some type of delusional little utopia where we all are so perfect?
Old 11-26-2003, 12:19 PM

I' ve never been called righteous before. I actually check this post from time to time to see the comments so I take back the " it doesn' t deserve a response" comment. I' m not a fool but I guess getting high and hunting are more common than I thought. Thats pathetic!

If being outspoken against drugs makes me righteous, then I am. I don' t like them, I' ve never tried them and I never will, and I will turn everyone in that I can who uses them.

Greg
Old 11-26-2003, 01:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well, if someone wants to smoke up, this his/her business. But if I ever catch anyone in the woods with some smoke, you' d better believe I' ll have a GW out there ASAP.

I don' t know if the deer enjoy the aroma, but I' d imagine that it' s just a foreign to them as any other smell coming from a human source. And patience? Considering that one of the common effects is a slowing of time perception, I' d imagine that people would get bored more quickly than a sober hunter.

The bottom line in my book is this: keeping it in the privacy of your home is one thing; bringing it on a hunt is not only bad sportsmanship, but it also risks the reputation and rights of other hunters. Not to mention that hunting under the influence is potentially dangerous and highly illegal.

I could go on and on, but you get the point. Please keep it clean and safe, boyscout.

Quick Reply: Smoking & Hunting??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.