Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Rumor about a bruiser shot in Maine. >

Rumor about a bruiser shot in Maine.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rumor about a bruiser shot in Maine.

Old 11-20-2003, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rumor about a bruiser shot in Maine.

This is still only a rumor....I did hear from a friend that a friend he works with has a brother in law that is a Maine Biologist and he was told that a buck was shot last week that dressed over 350 pounds. No location was noted, so it' s a wait and see game to determine if it' s true. Is it a rumor...who knows for sure...is it possible.....coming from Maine I would say absolutely.

I just read a column from Outdoor writer John Holyoke in the Bangor Times and he states that he heard about this deer as well. It was supposidely shot in the mid-coast region of Maine and he will pass along any info if it becomes available.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:00 PM

Default RE: Rumor about a bruiser shot in Maine.

If this rumor holds to be true, he must have been hitting on serious steroids, or hit the local miracle-grow- field --LOL-- but in any case if its true whomever shot it is very lucky. OH-YA if its true would that make it a new record in Maine?
Old 11-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bangor Times:

The state record, however, still belongs to Henry Hinkley' s 355-pound, 12-pointer tagged on Nov. 5, 1956. The buck' s live weight was placed at 462 pounds, nearly a quarter of a ton.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:40 PM

wow-thats a very BIG deer. has any one come close to breaking the Maine record?