Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What to pack for a full day of hunting >

What to pack for a full day of hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What to pack for a full day of hunting

Old 11-14-2003, 12:59 PM

Default What to pack for a full day of hunting

what do you guy' s take with you for a dawn till dusk day of hunting, opening day of gun season starts tomarrow here in michigan and i plan to sit it all out ( i hope i hope i hope)
Old 11-14-2003, 01:05 PM

Default RE: What to pack for a full day of hunting

All the normal gear,plus a big lumch.

Joe
Old 11-14-2003, 02:54 PM

That depends. Where are you hunting? Up North or in the southern part of the state. How far of a hike is it to your hunting spot?
Old 11-14-2003, 05:44 PM
Spike

just got thru packing mine. I carry a flashlite, extra batteries,my calls, deerscent, compass, ammo, a length of rope, deer drag, two knives, marking tape, my lunch and snacks. I also carry a small pad and pen to write down observations and locations. I bought a cabelas waterfowlers ruck sack to carry with me on my all day hunts. It' s comfortable and has plenty of room. Tony
Old 11-16-2003, 11:31 AM

All my regular gear, no lunch just some water and candy to keep the " dry mouth coughs" away. Please don' t forget to bring an empty bottle to piss in. Nothing is worse than leaving your hunt to piss, except maybe pissin' out of your tree and spooking everything within a mile of you. HAHA! Sittin' all day is hard. I just did it a couple of days ago and my knees still hurt but I saw more deer that day than any I' ve ever seen. Saw 6 does and an small 9pter at 230pm(mid-day). It was well worth the pain. No pain no gain. Happy Huntin'
Old 11-16-2003, 12:10 PM

Something that I think is a must is a cell phone or two way radio of some kind. You never know when you might need it.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

My list got so long that I put it in a computer file. Pretty geeky, huh? When it is time to pack up I just print the list and check off the items as I pack them. Sounds pretty stupid but at least I don' t forget anything important like bullets or my backtag. Those things are kinda important ya know.

I make my own venison jerky to replace the candy bars. It doesn' t cause the sugar shakes and it feels good to be eatin' last years buck while your trying to take down this years' .[8D]
Old 11-17-2003, 04:26 PM

don' t forget to bring an empty bottle to piss in. Nothing is worse than leaving your hunt to piss, except maybe pissin' out of your tree and spooking everything within a mile of you.
damn that word cracks me up!