Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
New leasing trend for whitetail >

New leasing trend for whitetail

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New leasing trend for whitetail

Old 12-06-2021, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Doesn't mean that I have to like it.

It's "ruined" the local hunting here.

-Jake
Old 12-06-2021, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala;439

Doesn't mean that I have to like it.

It's "ruined" the local hunting here.

-Jake
haha
NO it sure doesn't , I ain;'t that fond of it either, but I do understand it to a point!~

Old 12-06-2021, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is some crazy stuff. I used to think the leases here in Germany were expensive. I can still go to the Czech republic and hunt for two weeks for less than a grand. The most expensive Deer I ever shot there was $350. Hogs and varmints are free. Booze and women are extra, but way cheaper than the Deer.
Old 12-07-2021, 04:15 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I've seen several posts recently on leases requiring a hunter to carry their own liability insurance in order to hunt the property.

What is this world coming to
Jake this is the trend.
Thank the trends in society.

I carry my own and let the landowners know it. I'm there playing. Why should the landowner oay if i get hurt?
Old 12-07-2021, 06:06 AM
Spike

Default Hunting Insurance seems a small price to pay for access.

Hunting Insurance is not that expensive. It seems to me like a small price to pay for access. Some outfits seem to demand hunters hold their own insurance prior to entry on any land. Makes sense I suppose. Otherwise, no landowner would take the risk of letting folk hunt on their land. In Texas, landowners who sell hunting leases have to get a Hunting Lease Licence dependant on acreage. Not sure if they require landowners to be insured but it seems pretty regulated on a state level.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JW
Jake this is the trend.

I carry my own and let the landowners know it. I'm there playing. Why should the landowner oay if i get hurt?
They SHOULDN'T
Old 12-07-2021, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

It's coming your way PA. I suggest if you have access to private land currently that you figure out a way to get it locked up. Once it starts it goes pretty quickly.

-Jake
Old 12-07-2021, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

pa will take a LONG time to be a lease dominated deal, as there are just too many public options, , as in percentage of acres as to so many others states where leasing has taken over as it had
add in, the quality of bucks just ain;t there
ys bucks are getting better but that is a big part in due to lack of amount of hunters as there once was and the antler restriction which has been in place now q a pretty long time and its not like PA has the B&C class bucks that the states with huge leasing have!
lets face it too, there are a TON of hunters that DON"T have passion or drive , they look at deer season a a OK< I'll go if I have time and weather is nice!

I am sure more and more MIGHT lease, but it will never be a huge part of the huntress in PA, not with so many acres of free land to hunt
most of the true die hards BUY there own land at some point, to avoid the leasing and hassle's with it, ! or worries of if it will be there next yr and so on!

and add in the large amount of generation deep gun/hunting/sporting clubs in PA, and its a hard sell to most hunters in pa, or is for now!

but I don't ever see the state selling off its game lands, or the feds selling off all the federal lands in pa

I do t however see many hunters in PA< loosing the private lands they had access to for FREE for decades,
as them places and its owners are dying off, the folks inheriting the lands, either will sell it for money, or just not allow people they don;t know on it
as most times folks that inherent lands, already have life's else where and just don;'t want the land , when they can get quick large sum's of cash
this is a huge reasons so many farms in PA are gone, the developers will pay WAY more than anyone an make farming them, and most again that inherent the lands are NOT farmers and don;t want the work it takes to even try and make money off the farms!
which again just leads to many hunters loosing access to land they had to hunt, and leads many to either go BACK to game lands(which again sadly so many bash online and such)
or they quit hunting, or, they LEASE or buy land for themselves!

but BIG time leasing I doubt will ever be a big place in PA, just my 2 cents based on yrs of dealing with hunters !
Old 12-07-2021, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Pennsylvania is a big place. Much of the farm country will be leased out within ten years.

Will people pay to lease 100 acres in Clinton county? Not typically- because there's so many available public acres.

Will they lease 100 acres in Indiana County? Yes.

How about luzerne county?

Probably won't be much leasing in the northern part of the state. But the farm country will lease out.

-Jake

Old 12-08-2021, 04:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by JW
Jake this is the trend.

In PA a landowner cannot be successfully sued by hunters injured on their land if their land is open to public hunting. There is a law that prevents it. However if they lease their land to hunters they can be sued. One reason not to lease.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.