HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New leasing trend for whitetail
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 12:19 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

pa will take a LONG time to be a lease dominated deal, as there are just too many public options, , as in percentage of acres as to so many others states where leasing has taken over as it had
add in, the quality of bucks just ain;t there
ys bucks are getting better but that is a big part in due to lack of amount of hunters as there once was and the antler restriction which has been in place now q a pretty long time and its not like PA has the B&C class bucks that the states with huge leasing have!
lets face it too, there are a TON of hunters that DON"T have passion or drive , they look at deer season a a OK< I'll go if I have time and weather is nice!

I am sure more and more MIGHT lease, but it will never be a huge part of the huntress in PA, not with so many acres of free land to hunt
most of the true die hards BUY there own land at some point, to avoid the leasing and hassle's with it, ! or worries of if it will be there next yr and so on!

and add in the large amount of generation deep gun/hunting/sporting clubs in PA, and its a hard sell to most hunters in pa, or is for now!

but I don't ever see the state selling off its game lands, or the feds selling off all the federal lands in pa

I do t however see many hunters in PA< loosing the private lands they had access to for FREE for decades,
as them places and its owners are dying off, the folks inheriting the lands, either will sell it for money, or just not allow people they don;t know on it
as most times folks that inherent lands, already have life's else where and just don;'t want the land , when they can get quick large sum's of cash
this is a huge reasons so many farms in PA are gone, the developers will pay WAY more than anyone an make farming them, and most again that inherent the lands are NOT farmers and don;t want the work it takes to even try and make money off the farms!
which again just leads to many hunters loosing access to land they had to hunt, and leads many to either go BACK to game lands(which again sadly so many bash online and such)
or they quit hunting, or, they LEASE or buy land for themselves!

but BIG time leasing I doubt will ever be a big place in PA, just my 2 cents based on yrs of dealing with hunters !